Link: k here to view all names
The President of the United Republic of Tanzania issued a Notice on assignment of Ministerial responsibilities (Instrument) vide Government Notice No.144 of 22nd April, 2016. In that Instrument, the President has created a Ministry of Health,Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children which is mandated for formulation of
(a) Policies on Health, Community Development, the Elderly Children and Gender and their implementation.
(b) Preventive and Curative Services.
(c) Chemical Management Services.
(d) Medical Labaratory Services.
(e) Medical Research and Nutrition.
(f) Food and Drug Quality Services.
(g) Medical Supplies.
(h) Promotion of Traditional and Altenative Medicine.
(i) Health Services Inspection.
(j) Family Planning.
(k) International Health and Medical Organisations.
(l) Coordination of NGO dealing with the functions under this sector.
(m) Coordination of International Organisation under this sector.
(n) Perfomance Improvement and Development of Human Resource Service and their Implementation under this ministry.
(o) Extre-Ministrerial Departments, Parastatal Organisation and Projects under this ministry.
The Ministry of Health & Social Welfare is responsible for the following:-
Formulation of Health related policies
- Hospital services
- Preventive services
- Chemical management services
- Forensic science services
- Food and drug quality services
- Reproductive Health services
- Promotion of traditional medicine.
- Inspection of health services.
- Participating in international health and medical organizations.
- Developing human resource under the Ministry.
- Overseeing extra ministerial development parastatal and projects under the Ministry.
- Supervising government agencies under the Ministry.
To have a healthy society with improved social well being that will contribute effectively to individual and national development