Position: Field Interviewers. (25 Posts)
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Work station: Dar es Salaam
Apply by: December 27, 2017
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is one of Africa's most eminent health research organizations. With a history of more than 50 years, IHI is an independent, non-profit organization, registered in Tanzania and led by Tanzanians. IHI conducts a wide range of health-related research, including biomedical and environmental studies, trials of drugs, vaccines and diagnostics, health-systems research, and monitoring and evaluation. The Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is looking for Field Interviewers to fill the vacant positions in Safe Care Evaluations project in Dar es Salaam.
POSITION: Field Interviewers. (25 Posts)
REPORTS TO: Field Supervisor
LOCATION: DAR ES SALAAM
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct interviews and observation with the selected type of interviewees according to the type of tool(s) allocated to you.
• To ensure the availability of necessary equipment for data collection.
• Responsible for safe keeping, maintenance and the return of project equipment provided to you for the purpose of the survey.
• Collect information using tablets and observation.
• To ensure protection, rights, safety and well-being of the study participants.
• To ensure the study is done according to the research ethical guidelines.
• To ensure that participants’ privacy and confidentiality are maintained.
• To communicate with other study staff regularly at scheduled meetings and participate actively in all meetings.
• Retain high level of public and community support and trust, e.g. in relation to research ethics and effective communication.
• Respond to queries, concerns and issues raised by the supervisors/Coordinator /Principal Investigator/Investigators.
• Undertake any other tasks that the Supervisors shall reasonably require from time to time.
• Form VI or /Diploma in Social Science or any related field
• Prior field experience is an added advantage
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Excellent attention to details
• Good written and verbal communication skills
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
Mode of Application:
All candidates meeting the above job requirements should channel their application letters with detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact address, e-mail, telephone numbers, and photocopies of academic and professional certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org . The dead line for application is 1700hrs, 27 December 2017. All e-mail application heading should read FIELD INTERVIEWER’.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.