Location: Africa - Tanzania
Application Deadline Date: 27-Feb-18
Category: Food Security & Livelihood
Type: Fixed term, Full-time
International Role: No - Only National applicants will be considered.
Purpose of the position:
To provide leadership to the development and implementation of WVT strategy on livelihood which directly supports all aspects of Child Wellbeing by addressing the underlying drivers of child poverty, food / nutrition insecurity and vulnerability to climate and disaster risk. This includes providing leadership to design and scale up interventions focus on empowering households and communities to graduate the poorest households with children out of extreme poverty by developing productive and resilient livelihoods enabling them to feed, care for and educate their children from infancy to productive adulthood. Effective integration with complementary positive family/gender relations, women’s economic empowerment and policies that promote graduation out of extreme poverty is key to this position.
1. Program Execution: Lead process of generating and integration NO livelihood strategy into ADP and Grants projects designs as well as in overall NO strategic planning and execution processes that:
- Support development of sustainable livelihood security and value chain development interventions
- Support generation of Innovations in livelihoods build on best global practices including CSA , transformation of subsistence farming etc and ensure lessons learnt are mainstreamed in regular WVT programming
- Promote operational research in livelihoods tracking impact, publishable reports and systematic documentation
- Promote and establish improved agricultural productivity through sustainable and climate smart agriculture development
- Promote Disaster management approaches such as Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction (CBDRM)
- Promote and establish conducive markets for rural entrepreneurship through Local Value Chain Development (LVCD) and Business Facilitation (BF)
- Promote and establish financial inclusion through Savings Groups (SG) and sustainable and affordable microfinance services.
- Promote Natural Resource Management approaches such as Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration (FMNR).
2. Networking and Representation
- Support effective internal networking and linkages with other relevant departments/entities in the NO, RO contributing to resilience and livelihood
- Representation of World Vision to external stakeholders in UN bodies, INGOs fora, government policy boards and regional bodies units charged with DRR
- Promote World Vision contribution to the global agenda on sustainable livelihood development.
- To provided technical advice, working closely with Program Development Director, in developing competitive proposals for Livelihood interventions on Food Security, Nutrition, Climate Change adaptation, Environment, economic development)
- Supporting and leading the Resilience & Livelihood Grants Projects Implementation
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required: Master Degree in Agriculture, Agri-business, Community Economic Development, Agricultural Economics, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management (NRM).
- Experience: 5 years and above in Management level
- Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated ability in supervision
- Experience in managing donor funds
- Working knowledge on financial management is an added advantage.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related to work environment needs
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public
- Consortium/ Partnership building and management skills
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 20-25% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 10%
CLICK HERE TO BROWSE MORE JOBS FROM WORLD VISION TANZANIA