THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND PLANNING
GAMING BOARD OF TANZANIA
2003. Its main functions are to oversee, monitor, and regulate the conduct of gaming activities in Tanzania.
The Board is seeking to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the following vacancies:
1.0 SENIOR LEGAL/LICENSING OFFICER (1 POST)
The candidate should be a holder of a Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) or equivalent qualifications. She/ He should have a minimum of four years of related working experience and must be an advocate of the High Court
1) Reviews and processes Applications for gaming licenses
2) Develop and maintain data base of gaming licensees.
3) Conducts regular reviews of the gaming legislation.
4) Attends to dispute resolution.
5) Provides advice on adequacy of various legal documents involving the Board
6) Conducts background investigation on applicants of gaming license
7) Formulates legal defense and prosecution for cases involving the Board.
8) Provides professional legal advice on legal matters involving the Board
9) Prepares and maintains Minutes of Management or Board meetings
10) Attends court cases on behalf of Gaming Board
11) Performs other relevant duties as may be assigned by her/his supervisor.
2.0 MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVER II (2 POSTS)
Applicants should be holders of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination, Class'C' Driving Licence and Trade Test Grade III. Applicants should have a driving experience of not less than three years. Holders of VIP Driving Certificate will have added advantage.
1) Drives Board's vehicles.
2) Ensures that vehicle assigned to him/her is maintained, serviced regularly, kept clean and parked at a safe place.
3) Reports any defects in the vehicle assigned to him/her.
4) Attends any minor mechanic fault and report promptly on any detected fault.
5) Sending vehicle for service when due.
6) Records all movements of Board's vehicles in designated logbooks and maintain such records in the manner required by the Board.
7) Dispatches outgoing mails and other documents.
8) Collects incoming mails and other documents as will be instructed
9) Performs other duties as may be assigned by her/his Supervisor.
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates should submit a dully signed application letter to the below address enclosing:-
1) Detailed Curriculum Vitae
2) Two recent passport size photographs
3) Certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates
4) Names and addresses of three referees.
The deadline for receiving applications is 28th February 2018 at 16:00 HRS
Acting Director General
Gaming Board of Tanzania
3rd Floor, Harbour View Towers
P.O. Box 1717
Dar es Salaam.
Source: Daily News February 07, 2018