Arusha Mjini Arusha
The School of St Jude is a 100% charity-funded education institution that provides free, high-quality primary andsecondary
scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
We are looking for a qualified English Teacher in the Arusha area preferably that may be able to teach English temporarily at ourSecondary
campus in Usa River, Arusha.
The candidate will be required to work 5 days a week for a period of 3 months effective Mid-March 2018.
• Teach one or more National Curriculum subjects to students in one or more Year levels
• Plan lessons in line with National Curriculum syllabus documents and in accordance with the school policy
• Provide a learning environment which allows students to learn effectively and in which they are inspired to learn
• Monitor and record the progress of the students and encourage them to develop and fulfill their academic potential
• Keep up to date with developments in the subject area, with new resources, teaching methodologies and national objectives.
• Liaise and collaborate with colleagues
• Fully support the work of the department and fulfill the school’s mission and purpose
• Research new topics and maintain up-to-date subject knowledge
• Manage pupil behavior in the classroom and throughout the school and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior
• Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school and apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary Call parents (in collaboration with the HoD) when there is an academic concern
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
• Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Education majoring in English from a recognized College or University.
• Must have 2 years of working experience.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and the ability to motivate student.
• Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Application deadline