UNDER THE SAME SUN (UTSS)
The Same Sun (UTSS) is an NGO that promotes the rights and welfare of
persons with albinism in Tanzania via education and advocacy about
albinism. The organization is looking for two dynamic candidates to fill
the following positions:
1. Personal Assistant to the Executive Director (PAED) and
2. Student Career Adviser (SCA).
1: PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (PAED)
is looking for a Personal Assistant to the UTSS Executive Director
(PAED) who will be responsible for providing support to the Executive
Director. The PAED will liaise with the UTSS team, external partners /
stakeholders such as NGOS, CSOs. FBOs, government officials. UN and AU
agencies, members of the diplomatic corps and the media on behalf of the
Executive Director (ED). The PALD will manage busy schedules, and
complete complex administrative tasks that were to be executed by the
Essential Qualifications, skills and ability
• At least a Bachelor's degree is required;
• At least 2 years work experience in administrative and personal assistant roles at the executive level;
• Demonstrates solid work ethics;
• Knowledge and passion about albinism;
• Knowledge and passion about other disabilities;
• Must have passion and personal interest in people with albinism and others and providing assistance as and when needed;
• Must possess time/organization/stress management skills
• Strong commitment to UTSS values, vision, mission, goals and policies;
• Excellent knowledge;
• Must possess proficiency with MS Office Suite especially Word. Excel and PowerPoint.
2. STUDENT CAREER ADVISOR (SCA)
Career Adviser (SCA) is responsible for providing guidance about career
choices, further education opportunities and training to grantees while
still in academic institutions or on transit to higher education.
will liaise and work closely with UTSS Student Recruitment and
Placement Officer (SRPO), Special Needs Education Officer (SNEO).
Education Assistant (EA) and Student Academic Officer (SAO) who possess
the academic records of all grantees and are familiar with their
abilities, skills and talents. SCA will also share information and
academic records of grantees who are about to graduate with the Graduate
Employment Placement Officer (GEPO) who will use these details for
employment and internship purposes.
will liaise with all education institutions and with UTSS grantees and
will work with career advisors ih the relevant institutions, Tanzania
Education Authority (TEA), The National Council of Technical Education
(NACTE) and the Ministry of Education.
to low vision some grantees will he slower to learn many skills than
their peers without albinism. Intervention at the education institutions
where our grantees (in their at least two last years) attend is
consequently very important as well. This will encourage these grantees
to learn and develop and prepare them for examinations, mainstream
further education / career and for life in the community.
education for persons with albinism is a challenge for the government
of Tanzania and the country in general. SCA would be required to travel
around UTSS grantees' mainstream academic institutions, communities to
offer advice, resources, and support to grantees and their teachers,
tutors and lecturers.
Essential Qualifications, skills and ability
Qualifications and key skills for SCA
• University degree or equivalent;
• Knowledge and understanding of albinism and must be passionate about the genetic condition;
• Commitment to end discrimination and stigma against PWA
• At least 2 years' experience in relevant fields;
Excellent computer skills and ability to use ICT confidently and
efficiently, including Word. Excel. PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet
Explorer, Access, Adobe Audition; Adobe Photoshop and any other video
and audio technology, web-based applications and customized Management
• confidence and excellent listening skills;
excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate
effectively both verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences in a
variety of settings and situations;
knowledge of education training opportunities, accredited academic
institutions. technical training institutions and available courses;
• must be approachable and able to form good relationships
• a non-prejudicial manner;
• effective communication and organisational skills
• good team working skills
• excellent oral and written English and Kiswahili language skills; and
• ability to identify graduates' training and development needs.
Successful candidates will be offered an attractive and competitive remuneration package.
The NGO is an equal opportunity employer.
DEADLINE FOR THE APPLICATIONS
The deadline for submission of applications for the posts is on 11th April 2018 at 2:30 pm. All applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also drop your application at UTSS offices located at Mikocheni B Kwa Warioba Taasisi Road P.O.Box 32837 Dar es Salaam
Mwananchi 27 March, 2018J2