Hivos East Africa is seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Junior Programme Officer, Tanzania
Number of hours:
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet's resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Hivos East Africa is looking for a Junior Programme Officer of Tanzanian nationality to provide support to the Civic Engagement for Open Contracting Africa Programme hereafter termed Open Contracting Programme.
Representation and Communication:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Open Contracting programme in the country in liaison with the East Africa Country Engagement Developer;
- Support pro-active and innovative outreach and strategic alliances with relevant stakeholders for the Open Contracting programme;
- Coordinate the communities of stakeholders in the country and also serve as the linking focal point in Tanzania;
- Disseminate key Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials and information about the programme to all stakeholders.
- Support the organisation of Open Contracting programme events and activities in Tanzania in collaboration with Partners and the Hivos Open Contracting team;
- Provide information as needed to partners and potential partners;
- Track grant compliance and proactively report instances of non-compliance to the attention of the East Africa Country Engagement Developer.
- Monitor contextual developments in Tanzania affecting the programme;
- Support development of knowledge and learning approaches for partners and other stakeholders;
- Support the implementation of the programme's co-creation research approach;
- Maintain an updated in-country database of key stakeholders in Tanzania's Open Contracting ecosystem.
- Support the identification of possible service providers in line with the Hivos procurement procedures and policy;
- During Open Contracting events and activities, support the Programme Assistant with the delivery of in-country logistical tasks;
- Assist the Programme Assistant with the tracking and follow-up of partner documentation and reporting.
- Relevant Academic background (BA level) or similar;
- 3 years experience in a similar role;
- Good knowledge of governance sector in Tanzania;
- Experience in lobbying and advocacy;
- Excellent written and verbal English;
- Administrative project management skills;
- Excellent ICT skills ( Microsoft Office and database);
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills;
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritise multiple projects;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
A competitive package based on the candidate's qualifications.
Women and individuals from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply. J2