Published by Ajira Zetu tz on Saturday, April 21, 2018
TP Label Limited is one of the fast-growing label companies in the region in the following market segments: Beverage and Spirits. With approximately 150 dedicated employees, we currently operating state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment in Dar es Salaam. Established in 2017 and headquartered in Ilala Gerezani, Makamba / Swahili street Dar es Salaam.
FORKLIFT DRIVER / OPERATOR (1 Post)
General Position Summary: Our company is currently seeking an experienced and highly skilled Forklift Operator. The prime function of this position is to provide support to the supply chain through collecting, loading and receiving warehouse products. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating technical equipment, optimizing loading for efficient logistics and supporting other warehouse functions to ensure optimal operation of the business. Flexibility with scheduled work days and shift preference is required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITIES.
• Obtains copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility
• Loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as trucks.
• Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
• Checking loads are secure
• Stacking empty pallets
• Inspect and perform maintenance of forklifts and other material handling equipment daily Might be required to use wireless RF scanning equipment to ensure accuracy of inventory
• Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards To carry out any duties as may be required by the Management from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE.
• High School diploma or equivalent Good math, language and reading skills; basic computer skills may be required
• High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
• Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records
• Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
• Maintain a clean & safe environment
• Clean driving record with experience in driving not less than three years without causing accidents and a valid motor vehicle operator's license may be required
• Forklift certification per OSHA standards
• Should be customer service oriented
• Must be presentable and look smart
• Good communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES
Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck Frequently lift up to 500 kg and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time Having a good sense of balance Having good eye-hand-foot coordination Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
Interested parties should apply to the:
Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 80677,
Dar es Salaam.
Deadline 30th April 2018.
All successful candidates will be contacted one week after deadline.
Source: Mwananchi 20, April 2018
Label: TREANDING JOBS