Clinical Technical Officer, Malaria Case ManagementTracking Code
- Job Description
- PATH is an international organization that drives
transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially
among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five
platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service
innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and
public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing
partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working
alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their
greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that
disrupt the cycle of poor health.
USAID Boresha Afya Project is the 5 years USAID funded project which will work towards supporting the Government of Tanzania through health system to provide integrated HIV, TB, Family Planning, Malaria and Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) and adolescent health services at facility and community level in the Lake/Western regions and National Technical Assistance .
We seek to recruit a Technical Officer who will focus on improving and scaling up case management for malaria at the facility and community level, conducting training and provide technical leadership in the design and implementation of field activities related to improving the quality of patient care. The Technical Officer will be responsible for liaising with the NMCP at the region and district levels to ensure the effective execution of supportive supervision in the facility and community, work in close collaboration with the Malaria Technical Advisor (MTA) and Clinical Technical Officer to plan and carry out interventions on the component of malaria case management in targeted regions. The Technical Officer will be based in Kigoma.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support on malaria case management to the Boresha Afya Project team, with focus on malaria diagnostics and treatment.
- Coordinate and facilitate trainings for health staff on malaria case management and quality assurance at all levels of the health care provision.
- Provide technical support in planning, coordination and implementation of all field activities in the targeted regions.
- Orient and train supervisors on supervision skills.
- Establish linkages with all relevant stakeholders and other implementing partners and collaborate as necessary to facilitate effective and efficient implementation of Boresha Afya Project activities in the targeted area.
- Participate in the preparation of annual work plans and regional and district plans.
- Participate in periodic field (diagnostic, clinical care, and M&E) activities in the region and districts.
- Assist in development of all stages of project work plans.
- Meet frequently with regional and district health management teams and assist with annual planning of project activities.
- Manage project data collection –through use of electronic platforms – for both monitoring and evaluation and for making strategic quality improvements to program operations.
- Coordinate with the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) and other stakeholders who are conducting on-site health facility case management supervision.
- Participate in preparation of quarterly, semiannual and annual reports.
- Participate and represent project in meetings with RHMT/CHMT, NMCP, partners etc.
- Provide frequent updates – both written and oral to Malaria Technical advisor.
- Required Experience
- Degree in Medicine or its equivalent and experience in related field.
- 5 Years of experience in health related interventions
- Experience and knowledge in malaria control.
- Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Willingness to work in hard-to-reach areas with frequent travel as necessary.
- Experience with basic database management and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in capacity building including training, supervision and mentoring skills.
- Prior working relationship with RHMT/CHMT highly desired.
- Experience in operational research.
- Prior experience working on USAID or other donor funded projects is a plus.
You must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania. PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job Location
- Kigoma, Kigoma, Tanzania
- Company Location
- Tanzania, Kigoma
- Position Type