In order to keep our services at a higher level and meet our customers’ maximum satisfaction interview
We wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in this challenging position.
ROLE PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Ensure full implementation and enforcement of security standards and procedures that provide for a safe and secure environment for business at the airport and off-airport locations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES /RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance with the airline’s security Policy, TCAA, IATA/ICAO and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Regularly and consistently review and update operational security manuals, procedures, and processes in accordance with guidance from the Head of Security.
- Ensure that 3rd party Security and Ground Handlers adhere to SLAs and company security standards at all times.
- Co-ordinate issuance of appropriate and up to date procedures and job instructions for security operations network-wide and provide necessary guidance and advisory support for proper implementations.
- Plan and ensure internal audits, surveys, inspections, and tests are conducted to facilitate conformance with security procedures, standards and recommended practices.
- Regularly investigate and promptly report and discuss any issues/incidents of security concern and compile statistics for review and discussion with the Head of Security.
- Ensure effective investigation of security irregularities throughout the business to safeguard against the negative impact of security lapses on the business.
- Conduct internal investigation on cases of suspected criminal activities eg. theft, loss and damage claims, ticket frauds, excess weight cheating, misuse of company property etc and advice on corrective measures.
- Keep investigation reports and its exhibits until the issues at hand are disposed of.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for all security procedures.
- Create a security database, and regularly update it to keep records of all security incidents.
- Supervise maintenance of the security incident reporting system.
- Keep all Security Training records for Security Staff, Cockpit & Cabin Crew and other frontline staff.
- Supervise flight operations security and protection for Zanzibar and Pemba.
- Serve as a custodian of lost and found items (other than checked baggage) and disposal of the same in accordance with the airline’s Policy.
- Taking reasonable care of own safety and security and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omission while undertaking your duties/ tasks,
- Cooperating with the Company to enable it to comply with the relevant regulatory provisions and standards,
- Using, in the correct manner, all protective equipment and procedures provided by the company,
- Operating only that equipment on which they have been trained and qualified to operate
- Reporting to the company, without delay, any defects in procedures or equipment that they are aware of that might compromise safety.
- Taking all reasonable and practical measures, this may include the submission of safety reports, to prevent injury or fatality to themselves or other persons and damage to or loss of aircraft.
- Avoiding intentionally interfering with anything provided by the Company in the interest of safety
- Reporting any conflicts between safety and the operational goals of the Company
- Creating, receiving and keeping relevant records in accordance with correct filing rules.
- Disposing of records in accordance with authorized disposition instruments and established procedures
- Any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
- Effective Compliance with security programs and compliance of measures by relevant staff/3rd parties’ i.e outsourced GHA, Security companies & relevant stakeholders.
- Statistics and trend of security incidents
- Zero occurrences of incidents resulting from the absence of appropriate procedures/measures
- Staff Reporting of incidents requiring the attention of management
- Accurate reports
- Detection of facts, deficiencies assisting to prevent the risk of company loss of resources/reputation
- Service provider compliance with contractual obligations
- High level of integrity
- Customer focused and good PR
- Decisive and confident
- Result oriented
- Good negotiator and articulate communicator
- Revenue and cost conscious
- Good command of Kiswahili and English languages
- Diploma in social studies or Equivalent
- 2 years of relevant security experience after attending at least two formal AVSEC courses, one of which must be ASTP 123/Basic
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Investigation skills.
- Basic IT knowledge.
- Report writing
Not later than 12th April 2018
Mode of Application:
If you feel you meet the above requirementsplease send your application and CV to the address below
. Only short‐listed applicants will be contacted.
Head of Human Resources and Administration
Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770
Dar es Salaam