TANZANIA INTERNATIONAL CONTAINER TERMINAL SERVICES LTD VACANCY
Tanzania International Container Terminal Services Ltd, located at Dar es Salaam, is the country’s largest container terminal.The Port of Dar es Salaam handles more than 75 percent of Tanzania’s trade and is a vital gateway not just to Tanzania, but also to eastern, central and Southern Africa. The port is strengthening its role as the county’s maritime gateway, investing in modern IT systems and mobile equipment while constantly improving its productivity levels, efficiency and customer service.
Tanzania International Container Terminal Services Ltd is a member of Hutchison Ports, the port, and related services division of CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (CK Hutchison). Hutchison Ports is the world’s leading port investor, developer, and operator with a network of port operations in 52 ports spanning 26 countries throughout Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, the Americas and Australasia. Over the years, Hutchison Port has expanded into other logistics and transportation-related businesses, including cruise ship terminals, airport operations, distribution centers, rail services and ship repair facilities.
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified, motivated individuals to fill the position ofHead of Engineering
in our Engineering Department. The position will be reporting to Chief Operations Officer.
Generally, the candidate will be responsible for,
- Ensure that proper maintenance programmes are formulated for the port equipment/ facilities and that these maintenance programmes are properly planned, implemented and monitored
- Identify improvements, upgrades, and procurement required for port equipment/facilities; plan, develop, implement and monitor such works
- Manage, implement and monitor emergency or urgent repair works for the port equipment/facilities required to support efficient terminal operations
- Manage the engineering team to plan, implement, supervise and monitor any other engineering works and upgrades related to any port equipment/facilities related works and projects
- To work with terminal operations and safety departments to ensure that the above work items are planned and implemented with minimal disruptions to the terminal operations and in compliance with Health and Safety principles
This occupation has a level of education and skills to enable the candidate to perform assigned tasks in accordance with TICTS working standards. The following are the minimum requirements.
- Master’s degree in the engineering or 10 years proven experience within a container handling (port) environment.
- Direct experience in management of multi-discipline teams in the industry.
- Advanced IT skills in Office 365 (MS Office) and EMS systems.
- Excellent organization, supervisory, managerial and leadership skills to manage a team of managers, engineers, and technical staff as well as contractor and supplier management.
- Competence and knowledge of (latest) technology in container handling equipment.
- An active network of (global) suppliers, consultants.
- Multitasking skills can work under pressure in a harsh environment.
- Analytical and computational skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Oral and written expression in English.
- Excellent problem analysis.
- Creativity and ingeniousness.
- Motivation letter
- A detailed curriculum vitae with certified copies of certificates
- Three referees who will not be contacted without your consent
Tanzania International Container Terminal Services Ltd
P.O. Box 71442, Dar es Salaam
Application deadline is 16th April 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.J2