Director of Information Systems and Engineering
Director of Information Systems and Engineering Job Responsibilities:
The Director of Information Systems and Engineering will be
responsible for leading a cross-functional team of hardware and software
engineers, and information technology specialists, both front and back
end, for product engineering, and development. This role has the unique
challenge of maintaining existing systems, increasing their
functionality, and developing new products for launch. There are
software and hardware aspects of the role, as well as strategy,
management, and implementation.
Director of IS and Engineering Job Duties:
Product Development Leadership
1. Responsible for leading product development teams, ensuring
assigned project goals and objectives are achieved while following
established development procedures.
2. Drive the creation of technical specifications, design
specifications, and system validation plans to meet project
3. Assembly, testing, and iteration of product designs with a
primary focus on electrical engineering. Coordinate with CTO on
mechanical engineering and other aspects.
4. Develops the nature and scope of present and future product
lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising
new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes. Co-designs
development process and timeline.
5. Responsible for leading cross-functional teams to introduce new
information systems functionality, upgrades, product improvements, and
6. Work collaboratively with Sales, Research, and others to define product requirements
7. Use project deliverables to develop the work breakdown
structure and schedules that then drive the detailed activity/task list.
8. Responsible for obtaining accurate time and cost estimates, then managing the project to schedule and budget.
9. Drive progress and visibility using projects schedules, status
at a glance, and quality at a glance. Develop communication documents,
presentations, and dashboards for communicating the project status and
health to the leadership team.
Production / Assembly
10. Oversees production process, including circuit board completion and installation.
11. Ensuring quality control of systems.
Information Technology Security and Maintenance
12. Ensure security of information systems.
13. Ensure system uptime and timely resolution of issues for
mission critical systems, including mobile money and carrier
integrations, database, and front-end systems.
Director of IS and Engineering Skills and Qualifications:
• Project Management including dependent timelines, Gantt charts, and other tools to manage complex, multi-stage projects.
• Customer-Centered Design: the ability to learn about potential
customers for a new product in a structured and data-driven way.
• Facilitation, capable of running meetings and working groups
that result in contributions from all team members and effective
• Strategic Planning: able to lead a team in establishing a design, technology, product development, and roll-out strategy.
• Budgeting: able to prepare project budgets and analysis reports for managers.
• Communication: ability to work in a team-based setting and appropriately engage and inform others, internally and externally.
• Experience: at least 3 years of corporate product development experience.
• Education: PhD in Electrical Engineering required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Technical expertise in designing DC-DC power converters, power
telemetry, maximum power tracking of solar cells and battery charge
• Experience in PCB design and engaging with design houses required.
• Experience in designing a solar energy product for developing economies.
• Experience in managing new product development, including prototyping and transitioning an idea to production.
• Reports directly to CEO
• Manages engineering, product development and information systems staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
• Internally works with a cross-functional team consisting of
management, sales, operations, software and hardware engineers, and
• Externally works with manufacturers, product suppliers,
organizations also working with our target client base, contractors, and
Measures of Performance / What Success Looks Like
o Products launched according to the timeline set by the Product Manager in collaboration with management.
o Product innovations developed and carried through the design process.
o Product quality meets agreed upon standards.
o IT systems operate according to agreed upon uptime.
o Sales, operations, and other internal business clients have the
resources and tools required to conduct their work effectively.
o On-time performance; as measured by execution to the project plan.
o Effective engagement of all relevant departments in product development.
o Senior managers know status of project and key action items at least weekly.
o Within budget; as measured by execution to the project plan.
o Decisions are backed by data and analysis.
How to Apply:
The Application deadline will be on 16th May 2018.The applicants are required to send only CV and covered letter as one documents.
No need of certificates at this stage.
Also the job title should be shown on the subject of the email.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.orgJ2