Accounts Executive Treasury (Grade 8)
JOB PURPOSEThe purpose of this job is to ensure Accounting for Branches Transactions and Accounting for Tigo Pesa Transactions is accurately and timely performed, managing and accounting for bank transactions while maintaining our bank accounts at full KYC Compliance as per Group Treasury Policy and Local Treasury
- Ensure that e-money is created for every cash deposit and e-money is deleted for any cash withdrawal in the TigoPesa Trust account bank account.
- Ensure that all TigoPesa related Cash Deposits and Withdrawals in the bank account are timely and correctly posted/accounted in General Ledger (GL)
- Ensure that all other TigoPesa related transactions including Bank Charges and Interest Earned or Distributed are timely and correctly posted/accounted in the GL.
- You will be the GL Controller of the MFS business ensuring that all MFS Treasury Related Transactions are captured timely and correctly in the GL.
- Ensure that payments to MIC Tanzania Ltd for Airtime Recharge, Extreme, Postpaid, Gross Margin, all related Movements in Service Charge, Taxes Transfers and other Packages are made timely and correctly and e-money is deleted from MFS Platform.
- Ensure that all Accounting and MFS Controls as communicated from time to time are performed and adhered to in all activities performed by you.
- You will be the key point of contact for all TigoPesa Treasury-Related Finance Matters.
- You will be the point of contact in handling relationship with banks in resolving daily MFS Treasury Related Issues with Banks.
- Work closely with MFS Operations team to ensure smooth operations in all finance related transactions.
- Accounting for B2B post-paid and direct deposits collections.
- Follow up on unpaid cheques and return of funds on a weekly basis and ensure booking is done accordingly.
- Provide MFS trust accounts balance report to stakeholders on daily basis
- Ensure Interest received in both current and MFS trust accounts are monitored and accounted for accordingly.
- Ensure interest income and withholding taxes made against these interests are monthly reconciled.
- Ensure Adherence to Millicom Internal Control Manual, Group Treasury Policy and all procedures related to Treasury
- Offer back up services to ensure business continuity at all required times.
- Support of Mobile and MFS business over Saturdays and on call.
- Develop and maintain excellent archiving practices for easy filling and retrieving treasury related ocuments.
- Perform any other Accounting Related Task as may be requested by your Line Manager or Senior management team.
- Degree in B-com, Accounting, Finance, Finance & Administration or related qualification.
- Work experience in the field of Accounting, financial services sector or related industry.
- Well versed with MS Office applications and SUN SYSTEM.
"We are committed to equal employment opportunities and unbiased treatment of all individuals in all employment practices"
Only Successful Candidates will be contacted