Location: Dar es Salaam, travelling to all regions, Tanzania
Application Closing Date: 11 Jun 2018
Interview date: To be announced
Start date: July 2018
Volunteer role: Monitoring &Evaluation OfficerVSO is the world's leading development organisation that works
through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring
people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights
and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion.
It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping
millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift
themselves out of poverty.
In this role the M & E Officer will work closely with the
Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in planning and review
systems for proper project implementation that ensure strong project
delivery. The M and E Officer will also work with international M & E
advisers on delivering our project a high quality standard.
Your specific task will directly contribute to monitoring and
evaluating VSO projects, through various evaluation interventions and
analysis. This analysis will show the impact of the VSO projects and
give advice for future direction of implementation of the M&E
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Social Science, or related field;
• 1-3 years’ experience in M&E;
• Experience in managing research projects;
• Experience in management of data either in development organization or government or private company/ firm;
• Experience in training and mentoring others;
• Data analysis skills;
• Ability develop and use ODK platform in data collection;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Excellent management skills;
• Good communication skills;
• Fluent in English;
• Knowledgeable of challenges of working in Africa.
The ideal candidate must be a team player with good social and
interpersonal skills and networking abilities. S/he should be able to
handle conflicts in a constructive, consultative way.
Only Nationals(Tanzanians) are encouraged to apply for this role.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.