Program Director Position
MS TCDC wishes to secure the services of a Program Director to provide leadership to the Program Division of TCDC, maximizing synergies between programs, the effective use of existing resources, supervision of division staff – including the working teams constituted to carry out discrete tasks and ultimately, the success of all programs operating within the division.
MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS TCDC) is focused on a mission to build the capacity of leaders of present and future struggles for a more just, democratic and sustainable world. For more information please, visit www.mstcdc.or.tz
MS TCDC wishes to secure the services of a Program Director. This is a Senior Leadership position reporting directly to the Executive Director. The selected candidate will be expected to provide leadership to the Program Division of TCDC, maximizing synergies between programs, the effective use of existing resources, supervision of division staff – including the working teams constituted to carry out discrete tasks and ultimately, the success of all programs operating within the division. The Program Director must have a strategic mindset, sound leadership qualities and a broad understanding of program management principles.
As the Program Director, your main areas of responsibility will be:
- Initiate planning and goal setting in keeping with the strategic objectives of TCDC;
- Provide leadership in the conceptualization and subsequent development of suitable programs – beginning with the description (and where necessary the feasibility testing) to implementation. This will include the identification of operational processes, milestones and deadlines;
- Participate in the development of operational plans, budgets and resource identification/mobilization plans;
- Ensure close alignment between the programming at TCDC with the ActionAid Federation generally and ActionAid Denmark in Particular;
- Report to the Executive Director and work as a senior team member in the organizations leadership team;
- Reviewing existing policies as they relate to the Program division and refine these to reflect necessary changes for the consideration of the Partnership Board;
- Rationalizing the operations of the program division based on the mission and strategic objectives of TCDC;
- Mentoring of program and project staff to build capacity and better understanding of their roles and responsibilities in their stations;
- Planning the activities of the division – and each program unit, including setting deadlines establishing milestones and defining all necessary processes;
- Developing budget proposals and proposed fundraising plans in conjunction with project managers and operations division as necessary;
- Supervision and support to all program and project managers to ensure regular information flow within the organization and the effective and efficient use of resources and effective resolution of all challenges that may arise in the course of activity implementation;
- Troubleshooting of existing systems and work practices with the aim of enhancing efficiency and productivity across the organization;
- Ensuring adequate and accurate flows of practical information/communications within the organization;
- Compilation of reports for use in liaison with funders, partners, customers and associates;
- Ensuring, in conjunction with other senior staff, adherence to legal requirements and internal operating policies and compliance with the culture and values of TCDC and the ActionAid Federation;
- Ensure that all tasks undertaken at the Centre meet a minimum prescribed threshold;
- Occasional review of organizational activities to surface necessary shifts and improvements in the interests of attaining organizational sustainability
- Sound educational qualifications comprising a recognized university degree and post graduate training in Policy, Leadership or Communications;
- Proven empowering leadership qualities and at least ten years working experience in a responsible position;
- Experience and sound knowledge of governance, leadership, knowledge management; civil society work;
- Business acumen and strategic thinking capacity;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Full proficiency in English and a working knowledge of Swahili is required;
- Analytical skills and versatile problem solving abilities;
- Performance evaluation techniques;
- Data analysis and budgeting skills;
- Training design, development and implementation; and mentoring AADK offers:
- A three-years' position, with good possibility of extension for another 2 years, based in Tanzania, Arusha at TCDC;
- A basic salary under AADK international terms and conditions – grade F according to experience, relocation and education allowance when relevant. Housing is provided by TCDC;
- A prerequisite to be appointed in this position is that you are granted a relevant work permit;
- A vibrant work environment with highly committed and professional people.
The first round of interviews will be conducted on 7th of June, 2018 and a potential second round the week after.
Start date: 1st of July, 2018 or soonest possible.
To apply: Please follow the link:
https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=354&ProjectId=181444&MediaId=5 For more information about the position, please contact Christian Mortensen, Director of Operations at TCDC, email@example.com; or for information related to contractual terms & conditions, please contact Pierre Vernet, head of HROD, firstname.lastname@example.org. We only receive applications through our recruitment system, as such please use the link above to submit your application.AADK is an inclusive workplace which welcomes a diversity of people and ideas. As an equal opportunity employer, AADK invite everybody with relevant qualifications, independently of any identity markers (such as race, skin color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, social or economic status or any other), to apply. AADK does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. Any transgression in this regard should be addressed to email@example.com J2