Gender Analysis Consultant for Kizazi Kipya ProjectPact Inc. is an international non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. Pact serves communities challenged by poverty and marginalization because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do, this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and government. Our goal is thriving, resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable and vibrant.
Pact Tanzania is looking for individuals to Conduct Gender Analysis for Kizazi Kipya Project
Location: Dar es Salaam, Possible field travel
Period: 8th June -July 2018(approximately 30 days)
Pact is working in partnership with the Elizabeth Glaser pediatric aids foundation, the Aga Khan Foundation, Railway children Africa, and the Ifakara Health Institute on a five-year (2016-2021) USAID/PERPAR funded project to enhance the strengths of families caring for orphans and vulnerable children(OVC). The project, USAID Kizazi Kipya, works towards USAID’s President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief(PEPFAR) goal of 90-90-90-, where 90% of people know their HIV status, 90% of those positive are receiving antiretroviral therapy(ART) and 90% of those receiving ART achieve viral suppression.
To ensure PACT Kizazi Kipya project it providing an effective, adaptive and gender responsive program that addresses the distinct needs of orphans and vulnerable children(OVC’s) and strengthening diversified packages of services for men, women, boys and girls; Pact Tanzania under Kizazi Kipya Project is seeking a gender specialist consultant to support the project to conduct a gender analysis that includes review of the project work plan, SOPs and gender-disaggregated data for different age groups.
Under the guidance of Pact’s youth and gender Integration Advisor, the Consultant is expected to lead on the gender analysis, in including defining of the methodology, review of programmatic documents and data, data collection, synthesize results, and develop a report based on the analysis.
After finalizing the report, the consultant will design an internal workshop to roll out the gender analysis report for Pact and consortium staff. After the workshop, the consultant will be responsible for using the Gender Analysis finding to prepare a gender inclusion plan.
Qualification, Experience, and skills
- Bachelor's degree in international development, political science or relevant field
- Strong social science research skills(demonstrated experience conducting qualitative research strongly preferred )
- Strong understanding of the Tanzanian government and rights context
- Knowledge of civil society/NGO sector
- 5 years of experience carrying out similar assignments in the sector
- Exceptional diplomacy skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and relationship management skills
- Oral and written fluency in English
Interested candidates should request for the full terms of reference through email to firstname.lastname@example.org, deadline for requesting ToR is Monday, 28th May 2018
Please submit the following by email.
- Cover letter, including daily consultancy rate and terms
- Biodata form(please request this from email@example.com
- Consultant Daily rate quote
- Contacts for three past professional references related to similar job assignments