Chief Operating Officer
Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery, and others
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
- Managing teams in charge of sourcing & buying operations, customer experience (end to end) and Jumia’s call center.
- Responsible for the overall customer journey and service (eg. Communication, issues resolution, returns management …etc)
- Scaling up the teams and processes to support the growth of the company
- Recruiting adequate profiles to join the teams
- Ensuring regular and quality reporting of teams’ actions and results
- Liaising with Jumia Services (Jumia logistics provider) on:
a- Providing input on service volumes / accurate forecasts (incl. marketing campaigns!) with sufficient lead time to prepare
b- Negotiating and agreeing on SLA (quantity, quality, timing, cost)
c- Regular reviews of Jumia Services performance, daily issue resolution
- Experience in managing operational teams or large projects
- Strong entrepreneurial skills
- Strong leadership
- Strong drive
- Ability to identify new business opportunities
- Impeccable communication skills
- Impeccable analytical skills
- Ability to negotiate in flawless English
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Capacity to challenge and improve processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Bsc. Degree (Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Finance)
- Advanced degree preferred but not required
An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgroundsJ2