Senior Specialist; Governance, Risk, Compliance & Control
Represent the HR department in matters related to governance, compliance & operational risk.
- Identify, manage and escalate all breaches, exceptions, material risks, process/control failures to the Head, Centers of Expertise and robust action plans (including owner and due dates) are put in place and tracked to satisfactory completion
- Monitor key and People Risk processes and controls across the business functions in line with the HR Governance Plan and ensure review outcomes are reported to the relevant stakeholders
- Partner with business to ensure business growth is balanced with risk management and control; liaise with Operational Risk on everyday functioning of controls, periodic monitoring of activities, timely identification and reporting of significant risks and losses and effectiveness of risk mitigation actions; and ensure the execution of audit closure reports as well as the implementation of the agreed action plans on the findings/issues raised for compliance.
- Monitor and report HR third party supplier risks and ensure that gaps identified in third party control requirements are satisfactory addressed by the supplier
- Ensure HR Policies are communicated to the business; regularly monitored for adherence; non-compliance issues are reported and escalated to relevant stakeholders and addressed
- Improve levels of adherence within the HR Risk & Control Framework including effectively controlled risks, successful independent conformance assurance
- Ensure no overdue audit observations or failed issue, no unsatisfactory regulatory compliance reviews
- Ensure HR staff are adequately trained and aware of HR policies, risk & controls framework, systems and processes
- Ensure effective performance management with 100% PD plans in place fully aligned to the strategic plan and agreed upon target date
- Draw and present Risk, Governance & Control for purposes of Management team reports
- Attend and guide both internal and external auditors in all audit planning and actual audit in HR processes
- Prepare closure documents for audit items and submit as per requirement
- Maintain a list of HR service providers and ensure adherence to governance requirements including undertaking reviews of their performance and ensure adherence to service level and contractual agreement
- Ensure employee screening is conducted and all agreed standards are adhered as per screening procedures
- Guide HR administration team with on-boarding issues and ensure adherence of all documentation requirements.
- Degree or Post-graduate Diploma in HR, Business, Social Sciences. HR certification or Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Sound business understanding of policy compliance
- 3+ years’ experience in Risk and Audit preferably in HR and in a large, matrix environment.Location: