Details Application deadline2018-05-25
Business / Employer nameTANZANIA GIRL GUIDES ASSOCIATION
Job LevelManagement levelWork
TypeFull TimeHighest QualificationBachelorYears of Experience5 years
Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam
Tanzania Girl Guides Association (TGGA) is a volunteer organization aiming at empowering girls and young women socially and economically through informal education.
TGGA is a Member Organization of World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) with more than 10millions members worldwide. Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting is the world’s only movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserve to be the best they can be. Free to make what they want from the Movement, girls learn by doing, making friends and having fun. In safe, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to change themselves, their communities and our world. WAGGGS keeps the global Movement thriving, united and growing.
TGGA operates within the context of a volunteer led global charitable organization among 146 Member Organizations (MO).
Cor****e Roles and Responsibilities
I**. Financial management of TGGA;**
Responsible for implementation of all TGGA routines and regulation in Financial Management Manual. Quality assurance of budgets, payments, accounting, facilitation of auditing as well as financial risk management. Internal training and active support of programme staff to reinforce capacity of financial management in programmes. Simplifying and improving routines within the borders of compliance and risk management.
II**. Administrative systems and routines of TGGA;**
Hereunder to be in charge of implementation of well-functioning support systems at the office in order to provide necessary and timely administrative support and procurement processes.
Ability to work independently with very minimal supervision, being proactive and dedication to work beyond normal hours when needed to do so.
III**. Fundraising and compliance with donors’ financial and administrative requirements;**
Hereunder responsible to participate in fundraising proposals writing and ensure high quality as well as timely accounting and reports to different donors. Understanding of funding portfolio, managing its size and risk. Hereunder also participating in pursuing new donors and securing strong trust with existing donors.
Lead by example and empowering line management of finance and administration staff, ensure human resource development of staff with capacity building and regular performance development review. Lead the finance and administration organization to deliver its services in a way that motivates and enables programme staff to extraordinary performance.
V**. Follow-up of partners;**
Responsible for the follow up of partners to improve their financial and administrative performance; hereunder capacity building, financial assessments of projects and monitoring.
VI**. Participation in the strategic leadership of TGGA;**
Through membership of the senior management team and line management of the finance and administration staff.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance o r D i p l o m a i n a c c o u n t a n c y from recognized learning institution.
- Holder of CPA/ACCA with more than 5 years post qualification experience.
- Broad experience within finance and administration management at a senior level, including supervisory experience
- Documented results from capacity building. Experience from partner- based work is an advantage.
- Experience in dealing with multi-currency accounting and she/he must have experience of using Quick book is a MUST
- Ability to manage complex reports and systems
- Proven high level of integrity
- Structured, self-driven, energetic and result oriented
- Excellent communication, writing and cooperation skills
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, delegate and work strategically
- Ability to inspire others and build their skills and capacity
- Ability to handle stress and heavy workloads, to manage complex processes and deliver on time
- Friendly, polite, good sense of humour
- The person employed must be loyal to TGGA organizational values and comfortable with working in a volunteering environment.
Interested applicants should not be more than 45 years old. Application deadline is noon 24****thMay 2018. Only successful candidates will be notified. All applications with your CVs should be submitted. Attractive salary will be offered.
Title: Accountant Responsible to: Chief Commissioner Location: Tanzania Girl Guides Association HQ (Dar es Salaam)
To apply for this job, please go to the following websitewww.brightermonday.co.tz J2