About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources.
Winrock International Welcomes Applicants from all geographic regions of the world. If you do not have a five digit zip code in your region, please populate the zip code prompt with 11111 to proceed.
Category : Consultant
The USAID funded Water Resources Integration Development Initiative (WARIDI) Program seeks to employ a utilities specialist to complete a capacity and needs assessment for five Tanzanian Water and Sanitation Authorities (WSSAs), identify appropriate WARIDI interventions, and design a capacity building program to be implemented through the WARIDI Water Services Team to assist the WSSAs to expand their service coverage and/or to increase service accessibility, affordability, and reliability to its customers.
Considering the situation described above, WARIDI seeks STTA to:
1) Complete a desktop analysis of WSSA current level/quality of service and opportunities for WARIDI interventions based on EWURA regional and district reporting and other relevant information
2) Based on the desktop analysis and discussion with WARIDI staff, complete a draft consultant methodology and work plan for submission/approval prior to commencement of field workfor assessing the capacity of WARIDI partner WSSAs
3) Complete a comprehensive organizational and technical capacity assessment of WSSAs: Morogoro, Iringa, Mafinga, Njombe and Ifakara partnered with the WARIDI program with a focus on water services
4) Design a capacity support program for WSSAs Morogoro, Iringa, Mafinga, Njombe and Ifakara in collaboration with relevant stakeholders and WARIDI STTA with a focus on development/enhancement of business plans, investment plans and management plans that are capable of attracting funds from Government of Tanzania central funds and other development partners
5) Support the implementation of capacity development program for WSSAs Morogoro, Iringa, Mafinga, Njombe and Ifakara in collaboration with Utilities Strengthening Specialist to assist the WSSAs to expand their service coverage and/or to increase service accessibility, affordability, and reliability to its customers
6) Support Regional WSSAs to review business plans and other evaluations to identify possible areas of support from WARIDI to extend services to peri-urban areas in collaboration with LGAs
7) Liase with WARIDI's Partnerships Specialist to identify areas for private sector support
This consultant will work closely with the Utilities Strengthening Specialist, to be hired by the WARIDI program to implement the capacity building program designed by the consultancy.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, caste, tribe, age (40 or older), disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The recruiting organization, Winrock International, has either not specified a closing date for this vacancy, or continues to list jobs after their stated closing date. Because such positions may remain open, they are listed here until removed from the recruiting organization's website. Click the button below to verify its current status.