Community Outreach Officer
Title: Community Outreach Officer
Reporting Line: Support Officer and Project Manager
Location: Kibondo, Kigoma Region
Work Duration: May – December 2018
The Community Outreach Officer will be working closely with the community in the camps. He/She will be the focal person for Inter-Agency Community Feedback Mechanism and Advocacy for Good Neighbors in the camp implementing in the field level reporting directly to Support Officer who is in charge of Community Outreach Team and Project Manager.
The role of the Community Outreach Officer will be to provide support to all of GNTZ’s livelihoods projects and especially on community feedback and advocacy. The Community Outreach Officer will be focusing on reaching out to the community on issues in livelihoods
- Support for the development and implementation of camp level livelihoods programs.
- Management of Community Based Refugee Incentive Workers.
- Design and implement community outreach activities to build awareness on livelihoods and self-reliance.
- Assist in data collection on a camp level for livelihoods programming with M&E team.
- Assist recruiting the project participants including in camps and host communities.
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings and workshops held in camps and document them to share.
- Ensure and follow up on the implementation of project activities by actively facilitating communication between communities/beneficiaries and GNTZ
- Coordination with different partner agencies NGOs, UN and Government Authorities.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years of experience working in the community
- Advanced Degree in Social Work, Rural Development, or any related Social Science field
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of Kirundi
- Experience in working with the NGO
- Experience in working in Refugee Camp
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and be accountable for results
- Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with team members of varied work styles, follow procedures, and meet deadlines
All applications should be sent with the enclosed cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application is not later than 14th May 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email.
Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurredJ2