Chief Financial Officer
- A key and integral member of the Country Management Committee providing analysis, insight, and advice by ensuring timely, accurate and relevant financial information to support business monitoring and decision making.
- Overall responsibility fo the Finance and Accounting function at NBC
- As an executive Director of Finance works with the NBC Board of Directors and the Country Executive Committee to drive Financial Performance, Compliance and Strategic Direction
- Being an Integral part and drive of the strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting and business decision-making process. Developing high quality decision-making tools in order to assist the Board and Country Executive Committee with decision-making
- Contribute to the Financial Services Industry of Tanzania by Playing a leading role in the external industry
- Ensure the bank’s opertions comply with local/International regulations
- Overall Responsibility for timely/accurate reportin at a regulatory and managemetnn level
- Overall custodian of the Bank’s short and medium term financial plans
- Oversight/responsibility to ensure the Bank maintains sufficient/accurate informationsystems in line with Acounting and regulatory standards
- Work witheh Country Executive Committee to drive operations efficiency
- Strategic market analysis to inform intenral strategic decisions
- Ensure proper management and distribution of financial resources towards strategic goals
- Collaborate with the Executive Management team to set strategic direction and provide advice on all financial issues.
- Constant development of processes, new and innovative information tools to assist in pro-active and innovative financial decision-making.
- Serve on various committees including Board Audit Risk & Compliance Committee, Marketing & Advertising, Pricing, Country Executive Committee, Asset & Liability Committee etc.
- Sefve as a Board member in the capacity as Executive Director of Finance
- Serve on various external commitees where applicable as required by the managing Director.
- Oversight and responsibility for the Banks Tax obligations ensuring adherence to the country’s laws/regualtions.
- Contribute to managing risks by being an active member of the Management Audit Committee
- Analysis of performance with proactive and continuous recommendations on actions to improve the business performance and processes. Evaluation and recommendation on proposed investemtns and business porposals
- Ensuring compliance with financial policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Liaising with both external and internal audiotors to maintain a stable and asound Control Envoronment
- Education and Experience required
- Professional Acooutning Certification
- Banking experience
- 10 – 15 years working experience in accouniting, finance, auditing
- Audit and risk experience at senior management level
- Enterpreneurial self-starter with excellent track records
- In depth knowledge of the financial services industrial
- Understanding the nature of the bank’s profitability relating to funding, ligquidity and intest rate risksl
- In depth knowledge of intrnationl financial reporting standards
- Planning and organizing
- Problem-solving analysis
- Commercial awareness
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Cross-functional awareness
- Analytical ability
- Risk management
- Resource management
- Decision making
- Team building
- Relationship Management
- Organizing and control
Applicants are invited to sumit their CV’s, copies of certificates, 2 referees and their contacts to:
Human Resource Department
National Bank of Commerce(NBC)
If you are not contacted by NBC withing thirty days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccesfull
NBC is an equal opportunity EmployerJ2