What is YLP? The Youth Leadership Program (YLP) was launched last year July, for youth who are interested to explore opportunities to positively impact their community by designing and implementing social impact initiatives. The program includes opportunities to build important competencies in 21st century skills, personal empowerment, community leadership, digital innovation and social impact. Additionally heavy emphasis is placed on digital skills development and the program encourages youth to leverage technology as a change accelerator. The YLP transforms youth into lifelong leaders of positive social impact in their communities. As a Youth Leader, you will join a youth-led movement of daring social innovators from all over the world, who have the tools, knowledge, and networks to create opportunities and transform their own communities as social innovators, digital champions and community leaders.
Specifics of the program
This is a leadership program, not an employment opportunity
Commitment for six month transformative experience
Blended learning format combining online learning course works, with hands-on facilitated, learning experiences conducted in Dar es Salaam upon prior communication.
Self-paced, mobile- responsive program carters into flexibility for learners.
Certificates awarded at the each of each course.
The duration of the program is 8 months, that includes 2 months of core learning, and 6 months contract of community placement, as a Community Leader.
- Get high-class training and mentorship to help you start and launch your entreprise
- Career building to help you secure a dream job
- Join DOT’s huge, supportive online community of changemakers (we’ll connect you to our Facebook group #DOTYouth, and a lot of fun digital opportunities and activities).
- Receive articles, toolkits, and specialized guides to boost your skills as a social entrepreneur, innovator, champion, and leader.
- Be the first to find out about DOT events near you, and other youth opportunities around the globe.
- An opportunity to learn about social innovation and to use the knowledge to design, test and launch a social enterprise.
- A chance to compete for and be one of the winners for our Innovation Fund, worth about TZS 5 million shillings each, at the end of the six month engagement period.
- Must be Tanzanian, between ages of 18 and 28.
- Degree or diploma, from an accredited university, in any discipline.
- A high degree of energy, enthusiasm and positivity
- DOT Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages people with disabilities to apply.
Only youth from these regions as their current areas of residence should apply; Dar es salaam, Morogoro, Pwani, Dodoma, Mtwara, Mwanza
The online application is now open, fill in the application form here, and also send a 30 second video about yourself and why you should be selected for this opportunity - send the video to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Youth Leadership Program 2018”. We will review your file carefully and come back to you within a week to let you know whether you will be proceeding to the next stage of the process. If you are shortlisted, you will be asked to enroll in our online learning platform, where your learning experience will begin. Deadline for applying is 11th May 2018. The start date for DOT Tanzania’s Youth Leadership Program cohort 2 is 21st May, 2018. For support, contact +255 755 093 948, or email@example.com J2