Job Opportunity at Halotel Tanzania, Legal Advocate
Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es SalaamDescription
Rewarded in 2017 by the Stevie International Awards as the Fastest Growing Enterprise in the Middle East and Africa, Halotel have proven its ambition to become the leader in the telecommunication market in Africa.
Read Also:As part of the international Vietnamese telecommunication group “Viettel Group”, Halotel strive to provide the best service with high technology and reasonable price in Africa. With more than 20,000 km of Fiber Optic Cable, Halotel’s network is the most reliable connection at high-speed covering up to 95% of the Population in Tanzania.
OPPORTUNITIES IN TANZANIA (1,117+ POSTS)
Halotel is always looking for individual who are Professionals, Talented and Passionate about telecommunication as we are, to join our Family in building the Fastest Growing Telecom in Tanzania.
The incumbent will work with the Risk Management in Headquarter based to be legal advisers and representative of the Company for litigation settlement.Working closely with others department, the incumbent will play a leading role in settlement of litigation.
The incumbent will need to develop a strong understanding of the law, regulations and other legal instrument.The responsibilities will include:
- Advise Departments Managers on the legal opinions relating to the daily operations of the company to ensure compliance with the current legislations and the interests of the company.
- Advise and guide the departments /Board/Central /Branch of the legal content related activities to ensure compliance with the applicable laws after being passed by the Head of the Department.
- To interpret regulatory legislation and other legal documents.
- Attend and cooperate in Compliance and Regulatory meetings and projects.
- To periodically review the Authority’s license rules, regulation and procedures to ensure consistency with the relevant legislation.
- To draft and update documents, contracts, lease and license agreements for the Company
- To manage implementation of laws, regulations, rules, contracts, agreements and other legal instruments
- To liaison with Legal Counsels and/or Advocates in solving Disputes facing the organization or cases in court.
- Represent the employer in Court, Arbitration and Mediation proceedings.
- Evaluate and review the legality of the receiving /sending documents and control of the legality of the process / internal regulations of the company
- To conduct research on legislation and other legal aspects pertaining to regulated sectors and the role and functions of the Company
- Follow up, report Department Managers about any disputes and litigations involving the company, and propose the method of the dispute settlement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned;
- University degree in laws (LL.B) from a recognized university
- Holder of Postgraduate Diploma from Law School of Tanzania-Advocate of the High Court and subordinates
- Knowledge and Experience in Court Proceedings, Court System and Litigation Matters
- Fluent in English (written/spoken);
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to make complex concepts easy to understand, while keeping content relevant and compelling;
- Ability to analyse, interpret and explain law and principles;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and database management;
- Attention to Detail and Prompt completion of Assignments is highly required.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Attention to detail and follow-up.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of Company information
- Ability to work well independently or in a team environment
- Ability to communicate professionally both written and verbally.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Dar Es Salaam, TanzaniaEmployment benefits:
Attractive remuneration based on experience and business result outcome.
Company Health Insurance plan
Employee allowances.Halotel approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with disabilities to apply.
Halotel is pleased to announce a new position opening of Legal Advocate. Interested candidates can apply via BrightermondayJ2