Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of UN Coordination Specialist, the National UN Volunteer Coordination Analysts will be supporting the Results-based Planning, Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation of UNDAP II, more specifically:
- Contribute to the effective implementation and monitoring of UNDAP II, including: supporting the administration of the web-based Result Monitoring and Implementation Support System; drafting of guidelines and provision of support to agencies; tracking compliance with planning and review requirements;
- Support application of Results-Based Management and the effective implementation of UNDAP II mechanisms for planning, monitoring and reporting, including: development of Joint Work Plans (JWP), management of results matrix and bi-annual reporting;
- Support coordination of the UNDAP II Mid-Term Review, including: the collection of required documents and related follow-up with agencies; supporting consultant team with organizing partner meetings; contributing to the development of action plan based on recommendations of the Review;
- Collate inputs for the preparation of the UNCT Annual Report and contribute to quality assurance in close collaboration with the M&E Task Team;
- Participate in the reporting and tracking results of Resident Coordinator’s Office’s Coordination Framework;
- Assist with identifying areas of improvement in substantive results reporting and work with UNCG in identifying suitable means to promote results;
- Support and guide the management groups of non-programmatic Outcomes of UNDAP II (namely, Operating as One and Communicating as One) with effective planning, monitoring, and reporting of results;
- Provide coordination support to UNDAP II management structures, including preparation of analytical documents for the UN Country Management Team, Programme Management Team and Operations Management Team meetings; drafting minutes and reports, and follow up on the implementation of agreed actions with a specific focus on RCO-managed outputs and activities.
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Planning and Organizing
- Respect for Diversity
- Working in Teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Political/Social Sciences or any other related field.
- Master’s degree is an advantage.
- 4 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- Monitoring and evaluation Mandatory
- Development programme/project administration Mandatory
- Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination Optional
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Knowledge of Results-Based Management and Monitoring systems as well as results-based reporting
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme which welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture.J2