Level 1 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people. ROLE PURPOSE:
ALHR Assistant is a member of the administration team accountable for ensuring quality, efficient and proactive support services for staff and visitors in the Zanzibar field office.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Duration of the contract: 1 month
Reports to: Supply Chain and Administration Officer
Staff directly reporting to this post: Nil
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Front desk support
- Greet all visitors to the office and deal with their requirements.
- Maintain and operate quality and efficient communication services through phone management and message taking, and arrange appointments as required.
- Make travel bookings which include flight and hotel bookings for SC staff and visitors followed SC policies and procedures and ensure that the Travel Planner is updated daily.
- Act as the contact person to help visitor enquiries and arrangements where necessary
- Manage the reception area, ensure portrays a professional image of SC and that it is tidy and organised.
- Prepare data base and update contacts (INGO, donors, government and other collaborators)
- Deal with incoming and outgoing mail, arrange couriers, DHL etc. as necessary and forward urgent mails to the Line Manager, and complete incoming register book for all mails. Keep copies of all incoming/outgoing mail and faxes into the file for retrieval purposes.
- Acknowledge receipt of sundries & stationery before entered into SC stores
- Update invoice register and Procurement tracker on daily basis and provide weekly updates of invoice and procurement tracker to finance, supply chain, and HR & Admin Manager
- Process on a timely manner all invoices for payment of services and utilities, based on an updated invoice checklist for the Dar Office and international staff houses
- Provide monthly analysis of stationery and consumables and ensuring that the same is well managed, issued to staff and orders placed with procurement staff on a timely basis
- Support Managers in preparation for and organization of workshops and meetings, accommodation and flight tickets ensuring value for money and due diligence process for selecting venues. Maintain a database of approved venues
- Process business cards for staff as requested by line managers
- Ensure effective and efficient use of all SC resources in order to keep costs low and ensure the security of all staff
- Comply with all SC policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Support Managers in preparation of JDs, RPs, and arrange interviews, support PMR process, support ER/ CAM project. Maintain a database of each staff’s file.
Ensure the way you carry out your work and behave is not putting children at risk (or further risk) - this means constantly scrutinizing your work and behavior through safeguarding lens and talking to children about possible design/implementation “flaws”. Understand and fulfill specific and additional responsibilities in achieving compliance of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy Standards
’Save the Children will respond to any emergency situations that puts at great risk the survival, protection, and well-being of significant numbers of children, resulting from natural disasters, conflicts, population movements and where particularly vulnerable communities are found to be in acute need. In executing an emergency response, Save the Children will endeavor to respond within 72 hours of a sudden catastrophic event. With this Save the Children through your line manager at any point of emergency may assign you an emergency responsibility role outside of your normal JD or area of work if required, however no staff will be forced against their will to work anywhere that they deem unsafe or insecure.’’
Working with managers and staff ensure that our expenditure is clearly accounted for and value for money achieved.
Ensure that our admin processes are followed and clearly communicated to staff, partners and communities, highlighting transparency, fair competition and value for money.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the broader team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and take responsibility for their own personal development
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, managers, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s vision, mission and values including rights-based approach and zero tolerance to fraud
- Certificate/ Diploma in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Administration, Logistics, HR and management and/ or at least 5 years relevant working experience preferably in NGO/ hospitality environment
- Excellent “customer service” experience
- Very strong organization and planning skills to prioritize a busy workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and implement effective and efficient admin/ logs/ HR systems
- Excellent IT skills especially Microsoft office package and Excel
- Proven written excellent written and oral skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Good negotiation skills
- High levels of self-motivation, integrity, commitment, enthusiasm, and responsibility
- A person with positive attitude.
Contract - Full-Time
Closing date: Tuesday 5 June 2018
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified