Position: TB ADVISOR- 6 posts
Location: MTWARA, MOROGORO, NJOMBE, IRINGA
Reports to: REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER
The TB Advisor is a self-motivated individual who will be responsible for providing technical support to TB and TB/HIV program activities with the different partners including the supported facilities. The TB Advisor’s main objective is to oversee day-to-day implementation USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone supported TB and TB/HIV program in the respective region and lead implementation and reporting of project activities, outputs and outcomes. She/he will coordinate effective engagement of key stakeholders at his/ her region in the implementation of project activities, including regional and district TB and Leprosy coordinators (R/DTLCs), community-based service providers and direct project beneficiaries’/peer clients and other USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone regional team members.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To coordinate and oversee day to day implementation of project activities in assigned region in line with approved work-plan and budget
- Support the national guidelines and strategies in accelerating TB diagnosis and management in-line with the 3Is initiatives.
- Design and implement community sensitization activities to mobilize and engage key project stakeholders – including R/CHMTs, health facilities, community leaders as well as direct project beneficiaries – in project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Lead efforts to identify, capacity build and effectively engage key community resource persons – including CSOs, former TB/ peer patients and sputum fixers – to accelerate TB case detection and management
- Support implementation of integrated and comprehensive package of TB/HIV collaborative services at all levels through Supportive supervision and mentorship
- Coordinate capacity building activities for supported facilities and community health care workers’ /sputum fixers
- Lead initiatives to accelerate early detection of drug resistant TB cases, linkage to care, and treatment/adherence support to ensure successful treatment outcomes
- Implement an efficient system for routine project data recording, cleaning, reporting and utilization of program data for planning, decision making and resource allocation
- Support Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives through: –
Assist facility teams to understand flow chart and process analysis for systems improvement
Monitor, track and collect periodic data/reports from health facilities and provides guidance and recommendations related to tracked indicators and outcomes; ensuring proper and timely documentation of QI activities and results
- Lead efforts to identify, document, scale-up and disseminate best practices and lessons learned in TB diagnosis, management and overall project implementation.
- To organize and support routine meetings with key project stakeholders to share, monitor and evaluate project progress towards assigned targets.
- To report to and update his/her supervisor on the progress of project implementation on weekly basis or as required by his/her supervisor
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Advanced Diploma or Basic degree in Medicine or Nursing. Post graduate qualification in Public Health or other related field will be an advantage.
- Technical expertise in TB prevention care and support
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing TB Programs
- Demonstrate understanding of the Tanzania Health System and policy environment
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. Applications should be submitted by 14th June 2018 to the Human Resource Manager through email email@example.com or dropped by hand at the MDH’s Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.