Ruaha Catholic University (RUCU) is the successor of Ruaha University College (RUCO) which was established by the Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) under its Trust Deed of the Registered Trustees of Ruaha University College through the generous support of the government and well-wishers (friends of RUCU) within Tanzania.
The University is governed and administered in accordance with the Catholic Church Policy on Higher Education Institutions -Ex Corde Ecclesiae- and the provisions of the constitution establishing a University. Nonetheless RUCU is a private and secular institution of higher learning that is open to all regardless of their faiths or religious affiliations, race, ethnicity, gender, disability or caste.
POSITIONS / VACANCIES (8):
- In law: Lecturers (2), Senior Lecturer (1), and Professor (1)
- Areas of specialization: Human Rights and/ or Trade and Finance and /or Finance and Banking.
- In Linguistics: Lecturers /Senior Lecturers /Professors (2)
- In Educational Psychology: Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/Professor (1)
- In Educational Sociology: Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/Professor (1)
REPORT TO: Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic Affairs
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and conduct Lectures to students in the Faculty of Law and education at post-graduate and/ or undergraduate levels.
- Contribute professional inputs to the Faculty.
- Participate in developing new programs, and curriculum.
- Undertake Research, Consultancy/community service and Publications
- Supervise Research, fieldwork and classroom and practical activities
- Mentor junior staff
- Create harmony in the community of students and staff
- Respect the vision, mission, and values of the University as interpreted by the Board of Trustees
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you by the Dean and/or higher authority.
- For Lecturers
- Ph.D. holders in law/linguistics/education from any university recognized by Tanzania Commission for Universities with specializations as indicated above.
- Undergraduate degree GPA of not less than 3.5.
- For Senior Lecturers and Professors
- PhD holders in law/linguistics/education attained from any university recognised by Tanzania Commission for Universities with specialization as indicated above.
- Undergraduate degree GPA of not less than 3.5
- Proof of confirmation into Senior Lecturer positions or professorships
- Reputable referee recommendations
At least three years of working in higher learning institutions
REMUNERATION: Attractive packages will be offered to selected candidates
Interested candidates should submit their application letters indicating the positions and specializations applied for, detailed copies of CVs’ and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two work- related referees. The Deadline for receiving applications will be July 2nd, 2018
Applications should be addressed to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor Finance and Administration Ruaha Catholic University (RUCU)Email: email@example.comJ2
P. 0. Box 774