Building on a 25-year track record of success, CARE has recently launched a new Village Savings and Loan Association Scaling Strategy. This initiative aspires to support up to 75M women and girls to join and benefit from VSLAs by 2030. The strategy is audacious in its ambition, but it is also entirely achievable. The position will support this achievement by maintaining and enhancing CARE's systems for assessing VSLA performance and helping to ensure data drives our investment and new business decisions. The incumbent will work across CARE's VSLA program, providing support to set up data systems on key initiatives, playing a key role in defining and maintaining CARE's institutional approach to monitoring the depth and breath of our VSLA scaling efforts and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure CARE has reliable data and routinely applies data-driven insights to our decision making. This position provides a motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized and flexible individual an opportunity to help shape the trajectory of one of CARE's most successful programming models by ensuring data sits at the heart of what we do every day.
- Define and Maintain VSLA Scaling Measurement Plan
- Support Data-Driven Decision Making
- Provide Direct Support to Key Scaling Projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in business, statistics, economics, data science or equivalent field of study
- 3-5 years of experience working with M&E or business intelligence systems
- Experience living and working in a CARE presence country, preferably in East Africa
- Knowledge of the VSLA model and associated measurement tools (VSLA MIS, SAVIX, eRecording)
- Strong understanding of statistics and some experience designing or supporting research
- Fluent English speaker with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Functional ability to conduct business in second official CARE language (French, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese) and/or Kiswahili strongly preferred
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.