We are looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks, and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistance in technical design, planning, implementation, performance-tuning and maintenance of critical enterprise systems (SAP)
- Assistance in installation and configuration of network devices (e.g.: routers, access points)
- Maintenance of company e-mail system and accounts
- Maintenance of all ICT equipment used by employees in the course of their duties
- Diagnosis of problems affecting ICT equipment and/or Internet connectivity
- Follow-up and supervision of third-party service-providers when they are onsite.
- Provide basic training to new employees on how to utilize any ICT equipment required
- Identification of ways to improve the service provided by the ICT department to the company
- Advanced Diploma, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent award from a well-known institution
- Certifications such as CCNA & CISA is a bonus
- Extensive working experience will be considered
- High-level of communication skills in English and Swahili (Portuguese a plus)
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems quickly and without a high degree of supervision
- Experience working at a technical support / help desk supporting a high number of employees at multiple locations
- Experience with Google Apps for Business (G Suite)
- Experience setting-up, deploying and servicing Microsoft Windows-based desktops/laptops
- Experience setting-up and servicing mobile devices (e.g.: phones and tablets)
- Basic knowledge of networking configuration and maintenance
- Wireless network setup and security
- Cyberoam or an equivalent firewall appliance
- Basic experience with MS SQL Server 2012+ or another relational database
- Basic Knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle or Sage is a big plus
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of GPS devices a plus
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of CCTV IP-based cameras a plus
Automobile Mechanic/Technician Jobs
ALISTAIR is one of East and Southern Africa’s fastest growing service companies, providing a variety of self-delivered logistics solutions with core competencies in road freight and operational hire of material handling equipment. The business has gone from strength to strength, growing quickly in both its geographical coverage and variety of services offered to clients. At the moment, the Group employees over 400 personnel, delivers services across sixteen countries and is poised for significant further expansion.
- Material Supply
- Customs Clearance
- Road Freight
- Material Handling
- Storage and Warehousing
- Offshore & Onshore Equipment Rental
- Specialized Inspection Services
To be known as the Company that makes Africa work better.
Honesty, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Humility, and Safety.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Maintaining vehicle functional condition by listening to driver complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical systems malfunctions; replacing damaged parts and components.
- Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complying with company’s HSE requirements by ensuring that tasks are done in a clean and safe environment.
- Accomplishing maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Finding and identifying mechanical faults, for example in the brakes, gears or fuel pumps
- Checking for problems in vehicles with testing equipment connected to the vehicle’s electronic control unit (ECU)
- Advising manager on the repairs needed and how critical they are and the repair time estimates
- Carrying out routine servicing and pre/post trip checks on all company vehicles
- Consulting with other mechanics on issues that seem complex to them