Social Worker Jobs
This post will be based in HelpAge International Tanzania - Kibondo field office
To Identify and support case management for Persons with Specific Needs (PSN) and older men, women and their immediate family members and ensure their engagement in the project activities to improve their protection and well-being in the camp through routine home visits, care and support.
HelpAge is seeking a social worker with GBV skills to conduct all steps of the case management process for an assigned number of GBV survivors and women and girls with specific needs at risk of GBV. Case Worker may be Centre based or work as part of a mobile outreach team. Strong awareness of and experience in working with issues around gender, discrimination and the rights of vulnerable women, men and girls with disabilities will added value as essential for this post.
- Identify, evaluate and register primary concerns and needs of PSN/older people to inform decisions leading to suitable responses Organize daily home visits to identified extremely vulnerable individuals with the purpose of following up on appropriate and immediate responses with an emphasis on involving family members and neighbours in community-based activities
- Ensure Community mobilisation, awareness raising and active participation of PSN/older people in community activities
- Work with other community structures (OPC, PWD, CPC, youth and women groups) in the development and strengthening of community-based protection and assistance mechanisms through referral, home visits, case follow and facilitating community meetings at camp level
- Reach out to all beneficiaries to ensure their effective participation and inclusion in programme activities
- To ensure all cases from PSN in harmed or at risk of being harmed reported and refer to respective organization for detail assessment and further support
- To provide support to vulnerable individuals/children with disabilities and families with protection concerns in the process of psychosocial support
- Collect and report information about the living conditions of PSN/older people, their primary concerns and immediate response needs, from extremely vulnerable Individuals (EVIs) through daily home visits and care.
- Improve assistance and wellbeing of PSN/Older People, their immediate family members by collecting and recording case studies and developing an appropriate action plan for their participation in protection and social activities, including access to basic social services
- Liaise with other partner organization on ground for inclusion of PSN/older people in the targeting and service delivery at camp level.
- Provide timely and quality data and activity reports for the PSN/OP activities in the camp
- Collect and share primary data to inform program development and learning
- Communicate regularly with the senior Social Worker/Social Work coordinator for updates on achievements and challenges
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree or Diploma in social Works/ Community Psychology, Community Development or Sociology.
- Understanding of protection and human rights issues concerning the refugees a plus.
- Ability to communicate in both English, Kiswahili Kirundi or French a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel…)
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivation and strong team spirit
- Good report writing skills
- Respectful and courteous.
- Able to maintain a high level of ethical standards.
- 2- 3 years of work experience in social work or health.
- Experience working with refugee population preferred
Honesty, trustworthiness, integrity, respect to diversity, flexibility to work extra hours and under pressure to deliver to tight deadlines.
If you are the right candidate, then send you application and focussed resume stating clearly the position, salary expectations, your physical address, and email address of not less than three referees. Your application should be addressed to:
The Programme Manager,
Refugee Response Programme,
HelpAge International Tanzania,
Kibondo Field Office, Kigoma Region
Kanyamahela Street Opposite Cheyo hotel.
Or send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to Applicants:
HelpAge is an equal opportunity employer. Any form of solicitation directly or indirectly will lead to immediatedisqualification.
Deadline: 06th July,2018 at 16:30hrs TZ time.
The Worker will conduct all steps of the case management process for GBV survivors and women and girls with specific needs at risk of GBV.