An oil distribution company is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of OPERATIONS MANAGER based in Dar es Salaam.
The holder of this position will be expected to provide excellent customer service by managing, maintaining and optimizing the resources and assets of Oil Operations in the Country, ensuring the safe and effective receipt, distribution and storage of petroleum products in all depots while minimizing product losses and adhering to set standards, procedures, HSEQ requirements, budget limitations and relevant legislation and regulations.
- Responsible for the day to day management of all Oil operational activities within the Country (Kurasini Terminal & upcountry Depots) ensuring maximum effective utilization of all resources and equipment within the Terminal & Depots leading to improved controls
- Daily management of stock.
- Manage the loading, storage, and distribution of products.
- Ensure adherence to HSEQ requirements as per company standards and legislative requirements by taking responsibility and accountability for environmental protection, safety, health and security of staff, plant, equipment, third parties and other physical assets. This is to minimize risk pertaining to company stock, assets, environment and human resources and provide on-going operations.
- Manage Terminal & Depots staff (permanent and temporally) through day to day people management, work allocation, overtime scheduling, development, training, mentoring and coaching of all staff reporting to you, ensuring a positive, safe, healthy work environment.
- Day to day management of all activities performed by third parties and contractors (eg cleaners, security, transporters) within the depot ensuring that terms of contracts are adhered to, HSEQ standards are maintained and met and quality of work is as specified.
- Liaise with transport contractors, BVO’s, security service providers, emergency services, government organizations and agents and customers on various matters regarding day to day operations to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
- Develop, plan and implement all activities related to preventive maintenance, housekeeping, security, contingency planning, first aid and fire-fighting including inspections, training, implementation of procedures and programs, monitoring and follow up are planned and completed. Ensure adherence to all safe working procedures, legal and government requirements for the receipt, storage and distribution of fuel.
- Responsible and accountable for input into and control of applicable budgets and expenditures for the Terminal & depots.
- Responsible and accountable for Terminal & Depots administration and the safekeeping of all Terminal & Depots records, for the complete, accurate and correct recording of all stock movement and expenditure and for submission of daily, weekly and monthly statistics and reports.
- Responsibly manage, control, mitigate risk and report and investigate all incidents that may impair Terminal & Depot's performance and/or affect the safety, health or security of any person or cause damage to the company
University Degree in one of the following disciplines
- Mechanical Engineering, Chemical and Process Engineering, Civil Engineering or Business Administration
- Minimum 10 years of Oil Terminal or Heavy extractive industry experience or stock Management
- Stock Management of petrochemicals or bulk products,
- Familiarity with production or industrial environment
- Warehousing and distribution of bulk liquids
- Implementation, management, and control of HSEQ programs and ISO systems
- Computer literate – Windows, MS Applications, and JDE
- Leadership experiences with solid hands-on attitude and day to day management of the terminal operations.
- Result orientation, good team leader and constantly striving for higher standards in all aspects.
Interested Candidates should forward their application letters, detailed CV’s, copies of relevant certificates which will support your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th June 2018.