Executive & Support,CIB
Job PurposeThe major purpose of such role is to focus on ensuring the delivery of country Corporate and Investment Banking (“CIB”) revenues and NPAT, as per the agreed budget, through delivery of the appropriate range of banking products (Investment Banking, Global Markets, Transactional Products & Services) to the Corporate and Institutional client base within relationship marketing model of Corporate Banking.
Maintaining a broad network of external client and stakeholder relationships to gain leads for new business opportunities.
Ensures solid delivery of customer expectations and service delivery.
Monitors the external business and market environment and develop strategies as and when required.
A team of senior managers including Heads of CBD, IB, TPS and GM
reports to incumbent. To leads such a team of senior managers by
agreeing on a business plan for each division and setting mutually
acceptable financial targets and key responsible areas with each
individual, ensuring a comprehensive CIB offering to our client base.
Management of people: including performance management, recruitment,
career management, remuneration and personal development plans.
Sets budgets and monitors performance against budgets.
Is the overall custodian of Cross-Sell opportunities to our clients and key transactions.
Designs appropriate structures to deliver the desired results and employs appropriate people.
Incumbent is required to contribute to the overall Bank’s financial
performance by understanding and acting on opportunities for cost
efficiencies, cooperation with other areas such as Personal and Business
Banking, Finance and Risk management.
Responsibility for the maintenance of internal networks with internal
stakeholders to build credibility and connectivity across all levels of
the organisation albeit product, territory or region or sector
Manage Reputational & governance risks of our overall banking
operations, serving as a member of key in country management committees
such as EXCO, Credit Committee, ALCO, New Product Committee, Risk
Committee and Business Approval Committee.
Drives implementation of new products and objectives in line with changes in circumstance and environment.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Experience is variable depending on the educational level of the incumbent but in any case no less than 10 years in various business related fields and should have a strong background in banking.
- 8 - 10 Direct reports and 40 - 100 Indirect Reports
Tertiary education. Minimum Bachelors degree, preferably masters.
Wide range of knowledge from country economic information,
understanding of key industries and critical success factors for those
industries, Central Banking policies, to Alco, Credit and Country risk.
Must also must be competent in accounting theory, tax legal issues.
- Skills: Product knowledge, Risk (credit, liquidity, market, regulatory, interest rate, reputational and operational), Computer literate, Negotiation skills, Selling and Presentations skills.
Head of Operations Jobs
Operations: a range of essential and complex services to ensure processes across the bank work as effectively and efficiently as possible
Effectively align business operations to the country business strategy
Effectively align business operations to the Group Operations strategy
Leads Operations towards becoming an efficient and effective business function
To pro-actively identify, assess and leverage opportunities,
operational risk, operational and systemic processes with the purpose of
providing a secure, cost effective and responsive service delivery area
Key Responsibilities/AccountabilitiesStrategic Execution
Develops and implements the Operations strategy and continuously
improves the Business Operations model in co-ordination with PBB and
CIB, with a view of ensuring efficient and effective functioning and
high level of service within Operations
Develops and implements initiatives to reduce costs and ensure that budgets for Operations are efficiently met
Ensures that throughput is maximised throughout Operations by implementing principles of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma
Ensures effective, efficient and optimal utilisation of all resources
(human and capital) to be responsive to competitive pressures, changing
market conditions, client needs and business strategies
Identifies and defines strategic and tactical operational performance
metrics geared towards meeting country objectives by leveraging
Ensures alignment to the Customer Value Propositions, Service Level
Agreements and benchmark targets through constant monitoring and
evaluation of Operation’s performance to ensure a high-level of service
for our customers
Collaborates with other areas to ensure that best practices and a standard approach is followed
Provides accurate and timeous MIS as per the matrix agreed with Centre (ROA Operations) to enable informed decision making
Identifies and assesses the risks facing both systems and business
processes thereby providing effective loss and risk management and so
minimising the operational risks
Liaises with business stakeholders in ensuring that regulatory, group
policy standards and minimum operating procedures are observed to
minimise the Bank’s exposure to risk
Rollout of Change Portfolio
Enables rollout of change initiatives/ programs by considering the
best possible methods and approaches to ensure improved customer
Drives a performance management and career development culture
through mentoring and motivating in regular team and one-on-one meetings
to ensure optimal performance and minimise staff turnover rate
Ensures that the correct calibre of staff is recruited by
participating in the recruitment process thereby ensuring Operations has
the correct talent to meet the strategic goals at all times
Ensures that resources are skilled across the different processes to enable cross product and cross function workload balancing
Identifies appropriate formal and occupational (informal) training needs and courses (internal/external) to develop oneself.
Up-Skills oneself regarding new products and procedures through
attendance of workshops/presentations and reading of internal and
- Identifies and assesses the risks facing both systems and business processes thereby providing effective loss and risk management and so minimising the operational risks
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Effectively align business operations to the country business strategy
- Business management or commercial degree
- At least 10 years experience in managing a complex operation, ideally within the financial service sector
- At least 5 years experience in management of complex operations, ideally within the corporate financial service sector
- Process / project management experience will be an added advantage
- Building and maintaining relationships
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the various systems used within the wider Processing and Clearing area
- Knowledge of corporate banking and the interface between frontline service, sales and support functions
- Knowledge of banking transaction processes relevant to products and services offered to customers
- Practical knowledge of how to in-put, access and utilize information to analyze forecast trends
- Working knowledge of capacity management principles and processes
- Knowledge of cost management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the applicable legislations