Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit organization in Tanzania that primarily aims to contribute towards addressing public health priorities through evidence-based interventions and partnerships. MDH works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; as well as academic and non-academic institutions to address the problems of tuberculosis (TB), malaria, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, maternal and child health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services for improving the lives of people and communities.
In this regard, MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following positions:”
Position Title: PROJECT MANAGER
Location: MDH HEAD OFFICE
Reports to: SENIOR HIS PROJECT MANAGER
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate HIS and ICT activities to implement the national HIS Investment Framework
- Support building a Master Health Sector client registry linked to the national ID system and other national level legal documents such as Birth Certificates, Passports.
- Define technical requirements (both user and system requirements) to guide Client Registry interoperability, and automated reporting solutions
- Identify best IT solutions on the market to address GOT needs
- Support cost analysis of alternative ICT solutions
- Provide procurement justification and advice
- Ensure interoperability of ICT solutions with the country DHIS2
- Oversee the work of ICT contractors to support the national HIS
- Assist with training of MOHCDGEC staff and end users as necessary
- Support the establishment of shared open health information exchange services
- Support the development and implementation of ICT solutions to ensure the Shared Health Record meets the needs of the HIV program
- Enhance reliability and reach of ICT services and the ability of key personnel to access all health information and systems for planning, management, and decision making
- Support selection and prioritization of indicators and data elements to inform planning and delivery of quality services
- Support automating the collection of M&E data from facilities with patient-level data systems.
- Continuously improve analysis and interpretation of data across the health sector for HIV and other public health priorities
- Develop strategies to increase use of data.
- The ideal candidate should have a masters’ degree in computer/information sciences, health information systems, or related field.
- S/he should have demonstrable experience designing and managing electronic data management systems and platforms such as CTC, DHIS2, OpenMRS, Open Health Information Exchange including system analysis, development of user-and system requirements, and oversight of software development.
- In addition, s/he should have experience building health worker capacity in the use of ICT solutions, data analysis, interpretation and use for program management.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience providing technical assistance to government agencies in developing and strengthening health information and ICT systems in Tanzania.
- S/he should have experience building health worker capacity in the use of ICT solutions, data analysis, interpretation and use for program management.
Location: MDH HEAD OFFICE
Reports to: HIS PROJECT Principle Investigator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in all HIS project activities in the organization, including ensuring that there is no missing monthly report each month
- Provide mentorships to HIS project manager and staff
- Supervise the development of HIS implementation work plan
- Advise PI on all matters related to HIS project
- Provide HIS project progress report to CDC, MOHCDGEC, and other stakeholders each month
- Provide leadership in preparation for quarterly, semiannual and annual reports for program monitoring and donor reporting
- Carry out routine meetings with developers/subcontractors teams to review implementation progress, including weekly meetings with each developer
- Represent MDH in all relevant HIS related meetings with donors, stakeholders, and MOHCDGEC
- Provide leadership in writing up grant proposal especially in areas related to M&E and electronic Data management.
- Ensure all MDH HIS datasets are updated and securely stored and all sharing of data follows organization policy
- Identify training needs and design capacity building plan for the HIS project at all levels in the country.
- Design and provide an effective model of mentorship and supportive supervision for HIS related activities.
- Participate in designing and implementation of M&E and data parts for new upcoming projects and studies in the organization
- And all other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems (or a related field.) Preference should be someone with a health informatics degree.
- Proven extensive knowledge or information technology concepts and principles, theories and functions of computer systems.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records and system interoperability.
- Training in project management and IT project management.
- Command of an Open source EMRS, client register systems
- Ability to solve difficult technical and operational problems where solutions may be of a precedent-establishing nature
- Ability to work well with diverse teams in person and remotely.
- Three to five years relevant experience implementing health information systems at scale and environment similar to Tanzania.
- Demonstrate experience with multi-site deployment of technologies or information systems
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects, including developing and managing work plans.
- Years of experience in managing health information software development, test, and deployment
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.J2
Applications should be submitted by 21st June 2018, to the Human Resource Manager through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped by hand at the MDH’s Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted