- Job Category : Management
- Job Code : BM
- Job Name : Branch Manager
- Details :Position:Branch ManagerPosts: 3
Branches:Morogoro, Mwanza, and Zanzibar
Reporting to:Cluster Head
Location: Morogoro, Mwanza, and Zanzibar
Application Deadline: 8th June, 2018
- PURPOSE OF JOB
To work closely with Central Operations Unit to operate and maintain a smooth running and operationally efficient branch, that conform to the financial institutions and BOT regulations, rules and guidelines issued from time to time. This will include servicing corporate customers.
- PRINCIPLE ACOUNTABILITIES
- Accountable for all aspects of running a successful branch, delivering great business performance and leading and motivating a team that provides the best customer experience in your area.
- Primary responsibility will be to drive business (CASA and Fee Growth) product sales and Customer Service with oversight on branch operations, compliance and control
- Understand your customer base and identify opportunities to build and grow profitable Relationships.
- Deliver against business and sales performance.
- Acquire new customers and retain and grow your relationships with existing customers.
- Responsible for the operational efficiency of the branch and productivity of its staff.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the integrated systems, and retention of accurate and up to date records of all transactions including inter-bank transactions.
- Prepare periodic and statutory reports for management.
- Have a good understanding of branch control procedures with specific focus on financial security.
- Take ownership for resolving complex problems, working with colleagues in other offices/Branches to provide a seamless experience for your customers
- Provide a superior level of customer relations and promote the service culture through coaching, Guidance and staff motivation.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the bank’s visibility and enhance new and existing Business opportunities
- Perform other duties in the absence of the MCSOP / Ops Manager as directed by the Cluster Head
- Manage your resources effectively and within budget.
- Set challenging performance and business objectives.
- Work to your peoples’ strengths and instill in them the passion and commitment to deliver an exceptional service.
- Monitor your teams’ effectiveness by developing individual performance objectives and make recommendations for improvements, while also being accountable for achieving sales and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Address and manage under performance as soon as it is identified following company guidelines.
Internal:Regular contact with the CEO, CFO, Head of Retail, Head of Liability, Cluster Heads and other Managers
External:Regular interaction with customers, clients and progress meetings with management
- At least 5 years experience in the banking Industry
- Good leadership, people management and banking skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, sales and business principles,
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong commercial know-how and first-class decision-making abilities.
- Be a good relationship builder and a strategic thinker rather than just operational.
- Resilient under pressure.
- Carry out work in accordance with the banks procedures
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of new practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the bank
- Download a PDF of this Job Descriptionhere.