Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es SalaamDEPARTMENT : SALES & MARKETING
POSTITION: Sales Manager
Position occupied by: Innocent Yves Gashema
LINE MANAGER: Head of Sales & Marketing department
SUBORDINATES : See organisational chart
Achieve sales targets as set and defined by the organization
Summary of the function :
The Sales manager is in charge of determining appropriate sales strategies in all market segments towards maximizing the company’s revenues and monitoring the B2B sales team assigned to ITM
He is responsible to initiate networks of business relations with potential customers and maintain/grow relationship with existing customers to grow the portfolio on all available products and identify new business opportunities. He is also responsible to develop a clear business development plan based on market and competition analysis and advise on new ventures for revenue growth.
Create lucrative sales targets, recruit, supervise and mentor sales agents accordingly.
- Develop a clear sales pipeline and strategies in collaboration with the Head of Sales and Marketing department.
- Achieving marketing and sales operational objectives by providing strategic information and recommendations plans and reviews
- Preparing, completing and budgeting action plans
- Resolving problems, identifying trends and determining system improvements
- Liaise with the finance department to meet sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements;
- Determining annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for the company;
- Projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products;
- Analyzing trends and results;
- Establishing pricing strategies and recommending selling prices tailored to the market;
- Defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses;
- Forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share;
- Improving product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities;
- Improving product packaging in collaboration with the Head of Sales & Marketing department;
- Maintaining rapport with key customers by making periodic visits, to insure quality, customer satisfaction, exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities;
- Providing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends;
- Supervise and drive performance of the B2B sales team to achieve targets set by the partner;
- Evaluate and monitor the B2B sales pipeline on a daily and weekly basis;
- Develop a strong sales force for ITM and for B2B partners;
- Insure product knowledge and awareness amongst all the sales executives;
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting of sales activities to the Country manager and to the Head of Sales & Marketing department;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Country Manager.
Relations &Interactions (services and departments) All team under the Production Unit are required to collaborate and report to the Head of Sales & Marketing department on sales progress and pipeline management in order to ensure that all sales strategies are collectively planned and meticulously prepared.
Profile (Key skills, experience and education)
- University degree or Diploma in Business studies or related field .
- Minimum 3 years in sales
- High level negotiation skills
- Knowledge of sales related software as well as other office programs such as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Acquired Sales Trainings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent command of English and knowledge of French is an added advantage
- Relatable and sociable
- Very well organized
- Decision making
- Prioritizing and capacity to work under pressure
- Independent thinking
- Market analysis
is in charge of determining appropriate sales strategies in all market segments towards maximizing the company’s revenuesCLICK HERE TO APPLY J2