Communication Officer Job Opportunity Health Promotion and System Strengthening (HPSS)
The Health Promotion and System Strengthening Project (HPSS Project) as part of the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) aim is to improve access to and utilization of health resources and services in Dodoma, Morogoro and Shinyanga regions for arriving at an effective and well-governed health system. To achieve the above aim, the project has four components: Health Promotion, Health Financing, Pharmaceutical and Health Product Management, and Health Technology Management. The project is expanding its workforces and is announcing the following position.
Position: Communication Officer
Reporting to: Chief Technical Service Officer
NEW JOBS OPPORTUNITIES (876+ POSTS)
Level of Engagement: Full-time
Duration of engagement: One-year.Summary of the Position
- Prepare communication actions and products that create public awareness.
- Monthly evaluation of effective media relations strategies.
- Prepare Project’s Advertisements are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Organ ze press conferences and media round table discussions.
- Write stories and feature articles in the newspapers that may enlighten the public on Project’s activities.
- Ensures regular maintenance and upload of current and up to date information to Project’s website.
- Ensure weekly bulletin and newspaper cuttings are well pinned to the notice boards at the headquarters and in the regions.
- Competent in Computer graphics and designing skills.
- The website, Intranet, social media updating. Ambitious and self-motivated with the capacity to deliver superbly under tight/pressure working schedules.
- Professional ability to take still and video pictures.
- Ability to work diligently and independently,
- Exhibits high standards of business and personal ethical conduct Works on improving own knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Build and maintain good relationships with journalists, bloggers, stakeholders, and public that will help advance Project’s activities.
- Bachelor/Advanced Diploma in Journalism and or Public Relations and or Mass Communication or its equivalent
- At least three years’ experience in Print and or electronic media.
- A well-typed CV;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates: (Academic and professional)
- Names of at least three (3) referees with reliable contacts;
- Contact address during daytime (Postal Address, Cell phone/Telephone number, Skype, email)
HR and Administration Manager,
HR and ADMINISTRATION Department,
Health Promotion and System Strengthening (HPSS) Project,
P.0. Box 29,
DODOMA Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.J2