Key Duties and Responsibilities
- • Documentation of all water customers within prescribed Zone.
- • Repair of all water leakages as they occur.
- • Finding out the causes of water loss and make necessary rectification.
- • Ensuring that new customers get water connections as scheduled.
- • Monitoring and reporting unauthorized water connections.
- • Timely reporting of water distribution faults.
- • Timely reporting of sewerage pipe faults to responsible officers
- • Water disconnection for water debtors.
- • Timely reconnections of water to debtors who settle their bills.
- • Timely attend to customer’s complaints regarding lack of water.
- • Flushing regularly water distribution lines to remove stagnant water and other sediments.
- • Ensuring that water in the distribution system is not contaminated from customer service lines.
- • Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Holder of Form IV/VI with Level III (Grade Test I) Certificate in Water Resources/ Sanitary/Civil Engineering from recognized Technical College.
- Receive and inspect all incoming materials and reconcile with purchase order, processes and distribute documentations with purchase order reports, discrepancies on order received.
- Issue items which require knowledge of specific areas of supply operation and good knowledge of stick characterized by susceptibility to toxicity, Fragility, rapid deterioration, ease damage
Shinyanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 298,Tel: 028 – 2762073, Fax: 028 – 2763551SHINYANGA