Gaming Board of Tanzania is a regulatory body established under the Gaming Act No. 4 of 2003. Its main functions are to oversee, monitor, and regulate the conduct of gaming activities in Tanzania.
The Board is seeking to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanians for the following posts:
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (1 POST)
Holders of a university degree in Computer science or equivalent qualification with relevant working experience of at least five
- Analyze designs, develop and maintain software packages and application systems for Gaming Board.
- Administer Computer Systems to ensure their proper functioning and help users to understand operations of such systems
- Develops, adopts and supports user friendly interfaces to computer systems
- Carrying out diagnosis and troubleshooting of Computer Systems Gaming Board
- Appraises business systems performance and provide appropriate recom-
- Creates backup for business operations and ensures that contingency measures are up to date and functioning in accordance with Gaming Board ICT policy
- Establishes and maintains database as may be required by users
- Supporting and training other staff on various systems
- Performs other relevant duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
- Holder of Certificate of Secondary Education Examinations (CSEE) or equivalent with passes in English and Kiswahili
- Successfully completed secretarial course at a recognized institution by relevant authority with typing speed of 50WPM and shorthand speed of 100
- Should be conversant with computer application packages.
- Undertake typing of letters, Minutes, Circulars, Licences and other reports required for the day to day running of the Board affairs
- Maintains diary of appointments for executives and inform or remind them of such appointments
- Receive telephone calls and book outgoing telephones as required
- Take dictations and transcribe accordingly
- Ensure cleanliness of her/his office
- Files and index office documents and correspondences
- Handle incoming mails for personal attention of the relevant executive and distribute the same
- Follows up outstanding correspondences.
- Receive visitors, ascertain the nature of their business and relay information to the executive concerned.
- Keep classified documents and information in confidence
- To do other relevant duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Holder of a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent qualifications.
- Performs general and application control reviews for simple to complex computer information systems.
- Performs information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
- Performs reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems.
- Prepares audit finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support completed audit and conclusions.
- Prepares and presents audit reports and other technical information for us by relevant parties
- Follows up on audit findings and asses implementation of audit recommendations
- Assists and trains other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems.
- Conduct operational compliance, financial and investigative audits, as assigned.
- Perform other relevant audit assignments as may be assigned by Supervisors from time to time.
Holders of Com Accounting or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
Holder of CPA Professional module E is an added advantage
Must be computer literate but knowledge on accounting packages will have added advantage.
- Posts ledger entries
- Prepares Trial Balance.
- Collects and analyses data for building up into reports
- Prepares weekly Revenue and Expenditure summaries
- Maintains and updates Fixed Assets Register.
- Maintains Ledger Journals, Cash Books and other accounting records
- Reconcile control accounts with subsidiary ledgers
- Prepares Bank Reconciliation statements
- Performs other relevant duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Holder Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education or Advanced Certificate oi Secondary Education with passes in English and Swahili and a Diploma in Record! Management from any recognized institution, computer literate on Record! Management Information System and at least three years of relevant working experience.
- Administer and monitor movement of office files in and out of the registry.
- Keeps file records.
- Files correspondences.
- Identifies and retrieves information held within records.
- Carries out general record management activities.
- Open new files and close files which have no capacity to carry more documents.
- Coordinates all activities of registry
- Manages confidential files and records
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to the below address or enclosing:-
- Duly signed application letter;
- Detailed Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Two recently passport size photographs;
- Certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates;
- Names and addresses of three referees.
- The deadline for receiving applications is 26th July 2018 at 16:00 HRS
Gaming Board of Tanzania
P.O. Box 1717
Dar es Salaam.
PO Box 1717; 43 Samora Avenue, Dar es Salaam, 3rd Floor, Harbour View Towers; Telephone: +255 22 2124703/4; Facsimile: +255 22 2124705; Email: email@example.com; Website: www.gamingboard.go.tz