As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
GIZ is looking to fill the position of IT Professional / Country Security Focal Point (CSFP) at GIZ Office Dar es Salaam.
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
Terms of the Contract: Fixed term contract
The IT Professional / CSFP is responsible for
- the Security and Risk Management System of GIZ Tanzania
- as the lead focal point he/she coordinates all processes related to security management and
- develops and maintains GIZ’s Minimum Security Standards
- ensures that IT systems operate and function correctly and comply with GIZ IT standards
- provides technical support to users of IT hard- and software
- Security and Risk Management System
- Assists and advises the Country Director in implementing the country-specific security risk management strategy
- Ensures the implementation of company-wide security requirements
- Coordinates and steers the work of the Country Security and Risk Management team
- Maintains and coordinates a security network within the country
- Acts as a central contact person in any cases of emergency with GIZ staff involvement
- Submits reports (e.g. incident reports, monitoring reports) to the Country Director and GIZ headquarters
- Implements and/or assists in conducting a country specific-risk assessment
- Develops and updates practical guides for duty stations in Tanzania (area brief/blueprint)
- Ensures the cooperation with relevant units in GIZ’s headquarters (Security Unit, Medical Services, Crisis Unit) and the GIZ security hub in Kenya
- Orientates new personnel joining GIZ Tanzania in terms of Security and Risk Management
- Advises GIZ!s focal points of the regions and projects.
- Organises training with external experts on specific security issues for GIZ staff
- Collects security-related information from all new staff and updates the crisis list and Emergency Phone accordingly
- Informs and updates the GIZ Management in Tanzania about security-related incidents on a regular basis IT System
- ensures the availability of up-to-date hardware (laptops, servers, all PCs) in accordance with current GIZ standards
- deals with maintenance of PCs, notebooks, printers, digital cameras, scanners and other hardware
- discusses possible new purchases of or improvements to hardware and networks with the administrative manager, based on the requirements and recommendations outlined in GIZ’s IT guidelines
- implements, maintains and configures all standard GIZ software (e.g. APS, AMS, MS Office, WinPACCS, SAP)
- tests new or upgraded software and updates all the software to the latest versions
- provides and maintains backup programmes to ensure system availability
- regularly updates antivirus software
- BSc/MSc in IT or similar formal qualification
- High interpersonal communication skills, especially during sensitive critical incidents
- High organizational talent and analytical understanding
- Ability to work independently and making proactive decisions
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Good knowledge of English and Kiswahili, ideally a knowledge of German
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Please use the subject line “IT Professional / CSFP”.
Applications in hard copy will not be accepted.
Closing date for submission: 08.07.2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender; origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.