Other Mara District Mara
SOCIAL MEDIA AND PROGRAM OFFICER LOCATION – Shirati, Rorya District, Mara Region, Tanzania
POSITION TYPE - Full-time Position
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Maji Safi Group (MSG) places great emphasis on the role of communications spreading the effectiveness of our programs and model, framing the debate on WASH, women and youth issues. Social Media is also important for MSG to build support, and increase the impact of its work in Tanzania and the US. The Social Media and Program Officer (SMPO) is responsible for promoting MSG’s mission, and maintaining its brand through professional communication. The SMPO will be central to the execution of MSG’s social media strategy, and work to make MSG a Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) & Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) thought leader on social channels in Tanzania. The SMPO will help craft campaign and promotion strategies, manage audience growth and engagement on social channels. The SMPO will also be crucial to content planning, production, and posting to achieve MSG’s social media goals.
The SMPO will also support the Management Team to ensure the effectiveness of its programs by disseminating results through digital and social media communications and publications. Supporting the Management Team will include assisting in monitoring and evaluation, procurement, program planning, and implementation.
SOCIAL MEDIA ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Craft and implement creative, multi-faceted social strategies for advocacy, public education, live events, and media campaigns.
- Track and monitor the success of social media and online engagement initiatives towards achieving key goals.
- Work toward making MSG a thought leader on WASH, women and youths in social media channels in Tanzania.
- Write and edit social content; maintain a publishing calendar; and post social media content via Instagram, Facebook, SnapChat, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Identify high-impact opportunities to increase the visibility of MSG’s advocacy, programs and to generate social media audience growth.
- Cultivate relationships with social media influencers and cross-marketing partners.
- Guide and advise staff across the organization on effective and engaging opportunities to maximize visibility for MSG’s work.
- Together with Management develop and lead trainings for staff in Tanzania on developing their social media presence, best practices, advertising, and audience growth strategies.
- Create online advertising strategies, including social media advertising and advertising on other digital platforms.
PROGRAMATIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide logistical support to the frontline Community Health Educators to increase their productivity and efficiency when teach WASH and MHM lessons.
- Work with the Director of Operations and the Program Manager to plan and coordinate interventions to strengthen health education in the region.
- Together with Program Manager and Management Team, provide coaching and mentorship to Community Health Educators.
- Work together with Director of Operations and Program Manager in gathering, reporting, and analyzing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation in the region.
- Support all monitoring, evaluation and deliverables for the organization and ensure that all required reports and documentation are submitted timely.
- Represent MSG and participate in networking meetings/workshops/conferences with local government and other stakeholders at a regional level.
- Facilitate documentation and sharing of processes, challenges, good practices and lessons learnt among partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in public health, community development, or communications.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years working experience in community development, public health, non-profit communications or social media marketing.
- Basic understanding of advocacy approaches and advocacy issues at local and national levels.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and interpersonal communication skills in Swahili and English; strong attention to detail, ability to write and deliver work products under deadlines, and commitment to high quality standards.
- High level computer skills in MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc)
- Significant and demonstrated experience managing professional social media profiles on Facebook and Instagram.
- Basic experience with HTML, CSS and Photoshop.
- Ability to take initiatives; team player who is able to work with minimum supervision.
- Familiar with current WASH and MHM issues.
- Demonstrates commitment to the mission of the MSG.
The MSG offers competitive compensation and benefits packages in Tanzania, commensurate with experience and within parameters of the MSG compensation scale.HOW TO APPLY- Please submit via email to email@example.com
Please send:Cover Letter- must include reason for interest in the job, current salary, and desired salary range
- Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this career opportunity.
- CV with three (3) current references with their relation and contact information
- Include your last two employers (preferably your supervisor)
- 2-4 Links to examples of social media accounts that you have managed.
- Include timeframes that you managed the account.
- Scanned copies of certificates.
Applications will be accepted until August 3rd, 2018- Only short listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for and interview.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment.The MSG reserves the right to change the job description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
For more information please see our website – www.majisafigroup.org
MSG is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The MSG encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The MSG undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.J2