OverviewSOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991 and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza, and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant Position.
Job title: Education Officer (1 post)
Duty station: SOS Program Iringa
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish partnership and networking with Government, Education institutions, and key education stakeholders to ensure quality education is provided in schools to where the organization target group are attending.
- He/she must provide technical expert advice and guidance on education for development programming and support in the development of new education programs in line with the organization strategic plan.
- Ensure Students socio-economic barriers to education development are reduced to the minimum level.
- Facilitate the capacity building for Teachers to acquire appropriate training to improve the quality of education.
- Initiate sustainable education (Formal and informal) interventions to improve enrolment, attendance and performance for future self-reliance of the Youth.
- He/she is responsible for developing education related programs.
- Strengthen community based structures to enable them to support vulnerable children’s access to quality education.
- Expanding and Improving comprehensive early childhood care and education, especially for the most vulnerable and disadvantages children.
- He/she must be capable in Monitoring all Education practices within the organization and Government education policies to improve organization education practice and policies
- 3 years minimum experience in implementing basic education programs or projects;
- Knowledge of basic education in a developing context, including child-centered and activity-based methodologies
- Experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development projects;
- Experience of teaching or working closely with teachers and educational institutions
- Experience in working at both policy and implementation level
- Experience in developing and managing budgets;
- Fluent in oral and written English; demonstrated excellent report writing skills.
- Good computer skills including excel, word, outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience and understanding of curriculum development an asset
Program Coordinator Family Strengthening Jobs
Job title: Program Coordinator (1 post) Family Strengthening Program**
Duty station: Dar (1 post) Zanzibar (1 post) Pemba (1 post)**
Reporting to: Program Manager Dar es Salaam / Zanzibar**
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating the implementation of the programs and its overall management:
- Leads the Programs from the Planning, implementation to exit stage of the beneficiaries.
- Establish effective Networking and Partnerships with the community, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Establish mechanisms for and undertake ongoing monitoring & evaluation of the program's activities
- Identifying opportunities for OVC supportive partnerships within the programme area
- Prepare progress reports of the programme to be shared by the different stakeholders including the donor
- Establish partnership and networking with Government, relevant government departments on Children’s and youth affairs
- Strengthen community based structures of OVC & MVC to enable children and youth access to quality essential services
- Build and manage a strong programme team in the area of intervention.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Bachelor Degree in Community Development, Social work, Development Studies, Rural Development, and any other related field from recognized university or its equivalent.
- At least 4 years’ experience in implementing community development or OVC support programs, 2 years in the managerial position.
- Sound understanding of child rights, child development, family and community development, rights-based programming and management of CBOs.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good reporting writing skills.
- Computer literate is a must.
- The candidate with the high level of commitment and integrity is highly needed
HOW TO APPLY:To apply (Only applicable to Tanzania Nationals) for this position, send your application letter by postal or email describing how your experience, qualifications, and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. Copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo will be submitted by only contacted candidates for the interview. This advert can be obtained on our website http://www.sos-childrensvillagestanzania.org. Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania