OverviewWomen Fund Tanzania – “Empowering Local Women Heroes” (WFT) is an upcoming women’s rights fund in Tanzania. As a Grant Maker, WFT provides a funding mechanism which aims at enhancing the voice and visibility of women’s rights organizations grantmaking making and capacity strengthening with the aim of facilitating women’s rights actors at different levels in the country to realize their full potential for empowerment, access to rights and women’s movement building in the country.
WFT, which was registered as Non-profit making organization in the country in year 2008, intends to employ a competent and qualified person as a Resource Mobilization Program Officer to support the Fund in providing programming leadership in area of resource mobilization and in line with WFT growth prospects.
Resource Mobilization Program Officer
OBJECTIVEThe main objective of Resource Mobilization Program Officer position is to provide technical assistance to the advancement of resource mobilization programming area within WFT in order to improve its base for financial sustainability. The Resource Mobilization Program Officer will work full-time to assist with implementation of al resource mobilization processes within WFT with a focus on the development of high quality, multi-approach proposals and related information packages for informing and responding to Funders need in this area. He/She will also be responsible for linking up with the Executive Director and Head of Programs for the development of products focused on promoting organizational strategy towards financial sustainability development and maintenance.
MANDATEUnder the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Resource Mobilization Program Officer will be responsible for all planned implementation of WFT Resource Mobilization Strategy, maximizing resource mobilization for the local, regional and international donors. The Resource Mobilization Program officer will provide advice, analysis of the resource mobilization context and advice other programs on issues relating to resource mobilization. In addition, the Resource Mobilization Program Officer will, upon request from Head of Programs or Executive Director, participate in meetings organized on various topical (funding) themes to appropriately raise the visibility of WFT programs and projects in Tanzania. As part of WFT staff Team, the Resource Mobilization Program Officer shall also participate in working within agreed strategic programming priorities, taking part in the organization’s’ long-term and annual planning/budgeting process, and, any other tasks delegated by the Executive Director,
Description of Duties:
- Resource Mobilization
- Providing technical advice and support to the Executive Director, Head of Finance and Head of Programs in development and implementation of WFT Resource Mobilization Strategy and Organizational Financial Strategy
- Identifying, developing and coordinating resource mobilization opportunities for WFT programs, and ensuring a WFT RM approach in mobilizing funds for long-term programs and organizational sustainability.
- Manage a resource mobilization programme to include planning, budgeting implementation, evaluation, budgeting and resource mobilization.
- Providing technical support to maximize funding opportunities, through different funding streams, including multilateral and private funding (individual giving, including high net worth individuals, corporates, and foundations).
- Providing leadership in reviewing, designing and implementation of Resource Mobilization (as per strategy that addresses key priorities and issues to support women rights agendas.
- Working with Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Program Officer and Head of Programs, to ensure that al donor reports (standard and donor reports) are prepared to quality standards, that there is compliance with agreed donor conditions and requirements, maintaining a tracking system, to ensure that all reporting deadlines are met.
- Working with the Executive Director, Head of Programs and all programs across WFT, to support the Executive Director to strengthen existing relationships and develop new relationships with partners including multilateral and bilateral; Governments, European Union. Multilateral organizations (including the Global Fund for Women, UN agencies etc.), Corporate Sector. Foundations (Private and community), Individual Givers
- Support the Executive/Management and staff in continuous learning/capacity enhancement building on resource mobilization strategies and trends
- Knowledge Management and Sharing
- Collect information, data, market research, and analysis of donor trends, including current and potential new sources of funding, providing this input into a centrally coordinated RM knowledge management system, coordinated by the RM Program contributing to the organizations’ information sharing.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing of RM expertise amongst Women Funds, including experience of good practice in partnership and relationship management with various partners (in four income streams: individual giving, corporates, multilateral and bilateral), to provide support to other platforms to exchange global fundraising strategies
QUALIFICATIONS AND MANDATORY EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- 3-5 years of resource mobilization programming development experience;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and producing saleable Proposals;
- Possession of English language skills for Proposal Development and Reports writing;
- Ability to travel as needed throughout Tanzania and beyond;
- Knowledge of NGO’s work and women’s rights issues;
- Have an excellent ability in writing;
- Have good judgment and ability to give relevant opinions and recommendations on resource mobilization and programming on general;
- Mastery of ICT tools and basic computer software such as Microsoft Office, email, and other social media tools.
- Candidates must demonstrate a proven commitment to women’s rights activist and will be expected to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and model the rights-based and social justice values espoused by WFT
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to synthesize and develop high-quality resource mobilization knowledge products, materials and tools for profiling on the website, etc.;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop a strong working and organizational partnerships with WFT’s key stakeholders;
- Works well independently with little supervision, as well as within a dynamic team;
- Superior English communication proficiency and writing skills; proficiency in French is an asset;
- A good team player.
How to applyInterested candidates may apply by sending resume and cover letter through the email email@example.com or the physical address provided below. By 30 July 2018. If you won’t hear from us within seven days from the deadline please count that, your application has not been successful.
Women Fund Tanzania (WFT),
Dar es Salaam