Anaesthetist Nurse Jobs
Main Job Purpose:Performing all anaesthetic medical activities according to MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards, in order to ensure the quality of pre, during and post-operative care of patients.
Required CriteriaMinimum Educational Qualification: Nursing diploma with specialisation as anaesthetics nurse is essential.
- Essential 1 year of previous supervised work experience as an anaesthetist nurse;
- Experience in other NGO’s
Competencies: Stress management, Teamwork, and cooperation, results-oriented, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service, organised.
- Performing consultations to patients due for surgery, evaluating of the risks of operating (in collaboration with the surgeon), obtaining patient’s written authorization for their operation, providing patients with appropriate information on their illness and treatments, and deciding on what type of anaesthetics to be used
- According to set procedures, carrying out all nursing anaesthetics related activities during surgery in order to collaborate in patient’s adequate anaesthetized state and safety during the process. Preparing the drugs, material, and equipment required for the surgery. Monitoring patients throughout the whole intervention and administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Providing postoperative care, including immediate post-operative surveillance in the recovery room and special patients present in the intensive care unit, in order to adapt the prescriptions, with a special focus on patient’s pain relief, during the stabilization and recovery process. Does round consultations with the Surgeon Doctor once or twice a day, discussing therapeutic orientations with the department manager, renewing prescriptions and ensuring they are followed. Systematically evaluating patients’ pain to adapt prescriptions and/or therapies for their relief.
- Respecting, promoting and ensuring medical confidentiality and implementing and following hygiene rules, procedures and protocols at all times as well as looking after the integrity of anaesthesia material (decontamination, sterilisation, storage conditions, etc.) and other equipment, in order to ensure the safety and protection of patients and other staff. Knowing accidental blood exposure policy and procedure and implementing them when necessary.
- In collaboration with the Surgeon Doctor, carrying out quantitative surgical-anaesthesia data collection, drawing up and sending out reports for the monthly follow up of peri-surgical mortality and for the quality of anaesthesia/pain management and informing the direct supervisor immediately in the event of a medical error.
- Carrying out administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients files, forms, statistics, database, etc.), in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activities.
Submit your detailed CV & cover letter + Diploma to firstname.lastname@example.org before august 7th 2018.Please indicate in the subject line of your email the position title ANAESTHETIST NURSEOnly candidates who fulfill the mandatory requirements will be contacted.
The role involves performing all anaesthetic medical activities according to MSF policies.