Program Officer Jobs
Project OverviewThe East Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the Hub) is the U.S. government’s flagship project under the presidential Trade Africa initiative, launched in 2013 to boost trade and investment with and within Africa. The Hub partners with East African and U.S. businesses to attract the investment needed to transform the East African private sector into vibrant global trading partners. Improving the region’s trade competitiveness, encouraging the diversification of exports beyond natural resources, and promoting broader, more-inclusive economic growth will lead to more food secure and resilient East African communities.
The goal of the Hub is to deepen regional integration, increase the competitiveness of select regional agricultural value chains, promote two-way trade with the U.S. under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) and facilitate investment and technology to drive trade growth intra-regionally and to global markets.
Objectives and Duties:The Program Officer will support the Country Representative and execution of technical activities in Tanzania in order to achieve delivery of programs and events in the country. S/he will work with the Country Representative and other Hub staff to organize and deliver components activities, project sponsored events, and document planned and completed Hub deliverables.
The Officer will be responsible for but not limited to the following detailed tasks:
- Support all project activities in Tanzania and monitor performance, achievement and effective documentation of deliverables.
- Work with the Country Representative to support the Hub’s grantees, sub-contractors and consultants activities in the country and ensure effective documentation of results.
- Support planning and coordination of training, workshop and other project forums conducted in the country
- Organize logistics. monitoring and evaluation materials for Hub sponsored events in line with approved budget conducted in Tanzania
- Send out invitations and follow up with participants for meetings, workshops, training and other forums on behalf of the Hub
- Collect and collate content for the Hub’s upcoming and biweekly reports
- Conduct research on topics relevant to the Hub’s relevant subject matter as requested by Country Representative, particularly for presentations and reports, and assist the technical team to draft reports and technical documents
- Network with public and private sector stakeholders that the Hub works within Tanzania
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, international trade, economics, public policy, communication, or related area.
- Postgraduate qualification in management, economics, business administration or communication or related fields will be an added advantage.
- At least three years of relevant experience in research or program management in Tanzania or East Africa.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional and private sector partners, and stakeholders in Tanzania and East Africa
- Computer literate with demonstrated skills in the use of management systems, Word, spreadsheet, and PowerPoint
- Experience in working with USAID /DAI funded projects will be an added advantage
- Excellent English writing and communication skills.