EconomistMwalimu Commercial Bank is a Public Limited Company operating in Tanzania and serves Corporates, SME’s and Retail Customers since July 2016. The bank is looking for a suitable person to fill a position of Economist at Head Office in Dar es Salaam.
The Economist will undertake research of data and statistics that will be analysed to generate forecasts in economic trends of the country. This will enable the bank to improve the operating efficiency that ensures consistent high service performance that is in line with the bank’s vision and mission statements.
Role and responsibilities:
• Providing strategic inputs on macroeconomic and banking developments
• Pivotal role in policy formulation and analysis
• Periodic analysis and presentation of the business profile of the bank to management
• Analyzing and interpreting numerical and financial information
• Provide economic advice and recommendation in financial terms.
• Research & development
Skills and qualities:
• Should possess expertise and in depth understanding of domestic and foreign economic scenario, macro-economic indicators, structural changes in the economy
• Understanding of government economic policies, laws and regulations, fiscal and monetary policies which play an important role in the growth of the bank
• Computer literate, highly numerate and possess a quick understanding of facts
• Ability to analyse qualitative and quantitative data and reason
• Ability to effectively communicate complex results
• Ability to draw economic policy interferences and to recognize the potential constraints in their implementation
• Excellent report writing skills with analytical insights into banking/economic issues
• Excellent interpersonal skills including client relationship management and team working skills
• Ability to work successfully under tight deadlines
Education/ Professional Qualifications:
• A minimum of Bachelor degree in Economics, Statistics, Banking, Finance or related discipline from a recognized University.
• Four years’ experience working in similar job in a banking/financial institution is an added advantage
• Minimum age of 28 years, and maximum of 35 years
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates that meet the above qualifications should submit the application cover letter together with a duly filled in curriculum vitae form downloadable from our website via the following link; Application Form and addressed to email@example.com . The deadline for application is 30th July 2018. Candidates from all walks of life, gender, religion, race are allowed to apply. No discrimination of people with disabilities.J2