OverviewTanzania Cheshire Foundation (TCF) in partnership with Leonard Cheshire (LC) have been awarded a four-year grant since March 2017 from a donor to deliver an Inclusive Education programme in Dodoma City and Chamwino District Councils of Tanzania in line with the National Inclusive Education Strategy (NIES). The project aims to increase the enrolment and retention of children with disabilities in primary schools, to increase their learning and improve their life chances.
Job Title: National Coordinator, LC/TCF Inclusive Education Project, Tanzania
PURPOSE OF THE JOBTo coordinate the Leonard Cheshire (LC) and Tanzania Cheshire Foundation’s (TCF) through inclusive education project, in Dodoma and Chamwino Districts of Tanzania.
- Plan and coordinate activities with project staff in line with the project milestones and budget to ensure efficient implementation of project activities and gather regular progress updates from the project staff and other stakeholders to ensure that they are on target.
- In collaboration with the project management team, especially the Programme Manager and Inclusive Education Advisor, ensure that project expenditure, including planning of budgets and project activities, are within budget by liaising with finance staff.
- Coordinate and facilitate the compilation of both donor and internal reports and ensure that reports submitted to funders, donors and other bodies are quality assured, timeous and in line with funding requirements.
- Ensure that all agreed timelines for key tasks are adhered to by the project team and proactively discuss any difficulties with the Programme Manager, regional office and head office when necessary.
- Ensure that all procurement and payments are done on time and follow and LC regulations and manage project assets as well support management team.
- Review all funds requested for activity implementation from Project managers.
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to ensure M&E activities are carried out according to budget and timeframes.
- Be a central contact point for the project and deal with/ or direct enquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with the organisation of international dissemination workshops and final conference.
- Ensure the project works in compliance with TCF and LC’s policy and procedures and report any concerns to the relevant individuals and authorities. These indude child protection policy/safeguarding issues.
- Update TCF board on project progress and plan for activity implementation through TCF Board Chairman.
- Where necessary, convene meetings with relevant TCF committees on matters relating to the project & Build the capacity of TCF, fundraising and resource mobilization to ensure its sustainability.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by TCF.
RequirementsA recognized and appropriate three-year experience with Boucher degree level. A Master’s degree in Sociology, Education or Community Development will be an added advantage. Significant experience in Project Management. Knowledge of designing and implementing donor-funded projects. An excellent communicator at all levels. Ability to work independently and under own initiative. Able to maintain strong working relationships with external parties.
HOW TO APPLY:Please submit a CV and Covering Letter to The Board Chairman, Tanzania Cheshire Foundation P.O. Box 3252 Dodoma Tanzania or through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The closing date for the application is 4th August 2018.J2