Accounts Assistant | Deadline: 30th July 2018
ANSAF is an acronym for Agricultural Non-State Actors Forum. It was formed in 2006 by members from the private and civil society organizations working in the agricultural sector in Tanzania. The impetus for the formation of ANSAF was demand driven. The forum’s objectives are first; is to advocate for a pro-poor and conducive agriculture policy environment where Civil Society Organizations and the private sector effectively engage with and influence agriculture sector policies and practices. Secondly; to effectively analyze the existing agriculture policies and suggest alternative views/directions. The third main objective is to provide a platform for learning, sharing, networking and coalition building around the best practices and key issues in the agriculture sector.
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Head of FinanceJob Location: Dar-es-Salaam
To provide overall financial support and strategic direction of ANSAFMain Duties and Responsibilities
- Mobile Money transaction processing and payments.
- Maintaining the record for all Mobile Money transactions including staff floats.
- Maintaining Petty cash transactions (including petty cash payment/ reconciliations/replenishment etc)
- Reconciling Mobile Money cash book against Mobile Money system statements, expenses retired against floats request, Petty Cash Account, and Staff imprest control account.
- Posting Mobile Money transactions including, Floats, Bank Transfer, and Expenses into QuickBooks).
- Preparing monthly vehicle management reports in collaboration with Administrator and ANSAF driver.
- Responding to External Auditors during the statutory and internal audit
- Maintaining and updating the Fixed Assets Register and Inventories.
- Maintain all vertical projects files and producing the report supporting documentation
- Filing of all transactions and related financial documents accordingly.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Finance.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Equivalent
- Experience of at least 3 years working with an NGO and with knowledge on Multi-Donor reporting and requirement
- Knowledgeable about information technology systems including office windows accounting and accounting software such as Quick books
- Experience in fleet management and reporting
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili;
- Diligent, highly organized and self-motivating individual;
- A person of high integrity;
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work as part of a team
Interested individuals should submit their applications with the following
Application letter explaining why you think you qualify for this post
Current CV, indicating relevant experience based on previous tasks; and skills that you are bringing into the organization
Pleasedo not attach any copies of certificates
All applications should be submitted to the following addressExecutive Secretary
Agricultural Non-State Actors’ Forum (ANSAF)
Plot 167 Migombani Street, Regent Estate, Mikocheni A
P.O Box 33562
Dar es Salaam
Fax +255 22 2773217Note: Deadline for submission is 30th July 2018
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply
The Accounts Assistant will have the responsibility to provide overall financial support and strategic direction of ANSAF.J2