Pipeline Construction Engineer at SGS Tanzania Superintendence Co. Ltd
Pipeline Construction Engineer
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
• The EACOP project includes a 1445 km 24 in oil export pipeline. 8 above ground facilities, a green field marine terminal with an export jetty and a series of main line block valves and trace heating stations. 150 km for feeder lines from Upstream facilities will tie-in to the EACOP project. The Pipeline project will be the largest privately led with Government participation transnational infrastructure project ever undertaken in East African region. The project overall tonnage is estimated at 500,000 t of material and equipment:
• The context is complex with numerous stakeholders, environmental and societal / local content stakes, three partners, two involved countries new to oil development (Uganda and Tanzania). and the need for project development in accordance with IFC standards to secure the necessary financing;
• In the current context of low oil price, the project needs to be developed with low CAPEX 8 OPEX to support the development economics and enable FID while maintaining the technical quality of the installations, with high H3SE requirements and focus.
• Provide primary interface between in country (Tanzania/Uganda) PPT organizations and EPcm PPT organization for all pipeline construction matters: - Support EACOP Pipeline Package Manager for all construction related matters during EPcm design phase and EPC contracts call for tender process: • Coordinate in Uganda and Tanzania all pipeline construction related matters prior to epC contractor's mobilization: - Integrate pipeline construction supervisory team upon EPC contractor's mobilization
• To coordinate with PPT EPcm team for all construction matters in Tanzania 8 Uganda before construction contacts award:
• To support construct ability studies with in-country insights;
• To support all regulatory, statutory and permitting in relation with construction matters:
• To support land-acquisition process;
• To provide support for and construction input into site surveys (ESIA. geotechnical, geophysical etc...);
• To participate in epC contractor's qualification audit;
• To participate in construction processes qualification (e.g. field joint coating, bending);
• To review construction document as issued by EPcm contractors then field engineering by epC;
• To review construction schedules for pipeline:
• To support analysis and use of geo-technical and geophysical surveys data;
• To support the drafting of construction packages technical Exhibits.
• To review consistency and completeness of CFT Design Dossier for construction packages;
• To provide input to planning with regards to pipeline construction activities:
DURATION AND NATURE OF CONTRACT
- Starting date: August 2018
- Duration: 36 Months Contract
- Renewable: Yes - Location (country/site): Tanzania
- Status (residential/rotational): Residential - If rotational. Rhythm (2*2 / 4*4):
Degree: Engineering - MSc Degree;
• Proven experience minimum 15 years in Oil &Gas Industry with similar large scale projects 8 complex environment:
• Previous pipeline construction experience within a large multi-national and multicultural Projects.
• Experience may include African projects with strong social and environmental requirements:
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• English as mother tongue or Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
Applicants should send their application letters attaching copies of CV to the below address so as to reach us on or before two weeks from the date of this advert.
The Human Resources Manager.
SGS Tanzania Superintendence Company Limited,
P.O. Box 2249.
Dar Es Salaam.
Source: The Guardian July 05, 2018