Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Coordinator (MLEC) Jobs
Job DescriptionPCI is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing diseases, improving community health, and promoting sustainable development worldwide. With support from United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PCI Tanzania will be implementing the final phase of Food for Education (FFE) programming in the Mara region (2017-2021). The goal of the program is to improve literacy among primary school students, and increased use of health and dietary practices, empower women etc.
In line with programmes objectives, growth and sustainability, PCI wishes to attract talents and professionals to help run the programme.
Job Summary:The Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Coordinator (MLEC) is responsible for implementing the monitoring, learning and evaluation systems and tools for data collection, analysis, verification and reporting. The MLEC will work in collaboration with program staff and relevant stakeholders to provide regular feedback on progress against targets to inform and achieve intended program outputs and outcomes. The MLEC will ensure the capacity of MLE staff are strengthened to provide high quality data and will support program staff to utilize data to enhance program reporting, planning and decision making. The position is based in Musoma Office and will report to the MLE Manager.
Key Duties &Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with program team members to review and continuously improve existing MLE system and tools;
- Ensure that all PCI Programmatic staff understand and are able to carry out their MLE responsibilities;
- Support staff and stakeholders to understand data collection tools, as well as types, sources and frequency of data to be collected for the project.
- Review and assess data collection by staff and stakeholders to ensure the collection of timely, reliable, accurate and relevant data
- Mentor and coach MLE staff to continually improve the team’s performance
Data Collection and Cleaning:
- Oversee the process and tools to collect program monitoring data
- Refine data collection and measurement tools to ensure they are appropriate and ensure data collection processes are efficient and effective
- Support collection of data using mobile devices
- Support project staff to collect, consolidate, and organize project data
- Oversee the cleaning and verification of all information collected using MLE tools
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring/coaching to project staff and other key stakeholders to ensure quality of data and MLE processes.
- Facilitate regular data verification through routine data quality assessment and supportive supervision.
Analysis and Analytics
- Coordinate with program staff to identify and refine required metrics for program use and facilitate analysis to meet program needs
- Ensure MLE analyses are aligned to reporting requirements for donors and funders
- Contribute to the design and implementation of baseline assessments, mid-term and final evaluations, and special studies
- Ensure MLE system is equipped to provide quality feedback to program participants, including farmer groups, schools and district officials
- Coordinate with Commodities team to ensure efficient data input, verification and reporting using PCI’s commodity tracking software, GPATH
- Coordinate with WE team to ensure efficient data input, verification and reporting using PCI’s tracking software, SAVIX MIS
- Coordinate with MLE Manager and Database Support Officer to ensure efficient data input, verification and reporting using PCI’s program information tracking software, Jawabu.
Reporting and Communications
- Contribute data to program publications, reports and conference presentations
- Support MLE Manager to regularly review and implement MLE dissemination strategy in collaboration with Communication Officer
- Collaborate with MLE Manager, Database Support Officer, Communication Officer to continuously improve the web-based reporting/dashboards for project staff
- Prepare consolidated monthly progress report and work plans in close collaboration with program team including district councils.
- Participate in and prepare materials for program meetings and planning meetings
- Integrate communications activities into annual work plans
- Participate and provide support prepare and pre-test communications messages, materials and programs in collaboration with other sectors in the program and relevant department at the district council
- Participate and provide support to MLE Manager in the preparation of various reports (quarterly and semi-annual etc) and documentation including success stories and best practices etc.
- University Bachelor's degree in social science, data systems or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Six years related experience in designing and implementing MLE systems for NGO programs
- Substantive expertise in monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including experience with data collection, management, analysis and analytics, and report production
- Strong understanding and up-to-date technical knowledge of best practices in monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge and experience in mobile phone technology platforms preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, including knowledge of common statistical software packages, a relational database system, and web technologies
- Strong English writing skills to prepare reports, and oral presentations
- Experience in supervising and supporting other non-MLE staff
- Strong analytics skills for continuous program improvement
- Experience with capacity building of project staff, partners, government officials, community leaders, and community-based organizations
- Interest and capacity to pilot and refine new data collection approaches (new tools, technologies and/or processes) aimed to continuously improve the timeliness and usefulness of process evaluation data.
- Ability to work efficiently independently and in teams
- Willingness to live in Musoma
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
- The first review of candidates will happen after July 31, 2018
- PCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage women to apply.
- Only Successful Candidate will be contacted